Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Help with emailing resume

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 6:32 pm
I'm a therapist looking for a job and will be sending out my resume to several different agencies.
What do I write in the email along with the attached resume? (I am not including a cover letter).

Sample letters greatly appreciated!

Several specific questions:
Do I start off with hi or dear?
What if I don't have a name to address it to?
How do I end it off? Sincerely?

Thanks in advance!

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 9:35 am
Bump

Anyone??

singleagain

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 9:48 am
why are you not including a cover letter? -- this is single most important part of sending out resume's. it is your main chance to sell yourself. which is the way you get jobs now.

I would address emails, like thus:

Dear Prospective Employer, (or Dear Name)

I saw your ad/post/billboard for (position). I believe I would be a good candidate for this position because (fill in blank, explain why you want to work for that company). Additionally, I believe that my experience/special projects will make me a valuable asset for your team.

The best way to get in touch with me is my smoke signal.

Attached is my resume.

Thank you for your time,

SingleAgain
(xxx)-xxx-xxxx (mobile)
(xxx)-xxx-xxxx (fax)
jerseysingleagain@gmail.com

====

if you want more specific info, I'm happy to help, if you want to pm or email me

Last edited by singleagain on Wed, Jun 28 2017, 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 9:49 am
To whom this may concern
Attached please find my resume for the (fill in) position that was advertised in the (fill in)
As you could see on my resume, I have lots of experience in the (fillin ) field.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you
(name)

singleagain

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 9:50 am
I would actually not say "to whom it may concern" that's a bit off putting, which is why I was told to say "Dear Prospective Employer."

Miri7

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 10:03 am
First - I agree that the cover letter is the most important part of the application. It's worth spending some time on this.

I suggest you spend some time online learning about good cover letters.

You can develop a "form" letter which you personalize a bit for each job.

----

Dear NAME:

I am writing in response to the posting for POSITION on NAME OF PLACE THE JOB WAS POSTED.

Then say why you are interested I that particular position - opportunity to work with kids or whatever. It's worth doing a bit of research to see what the group is all about. Better to send 10 targeted applications with cover letters than 30 resumes.

Then talk about what would make you a good fit for the position. Highlight something on your resume but bring in something that's not apparent from your resume. You want to paint a more interesting and clearer picture of who you are. Don't just refer to your resume. Say something like "As an intern at Child Therapy group I ...". So you can expand on what they see in the resume.

Then say that you welcome the opportunity to learn more about their practice and the position.

Sincerely,
YOUR NAME.

---

Whatever you do, proofread like crazy!! Bhatzlacha!

LiLIsraeli

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 10:03 am
When I've sent resumes by email, the body of the email acted as a cover letter, so you don't need to attach one. The format was something like this:

Hello,

I am responding to your ad for the __________ position. I believe that I would be a good fit for this position because ____________.

I have ___ years of experience in this kind of position. I am currently employed at _________ and I do ___________. I have also worked at ___________, where I (was in charge of, accomplished, succeeded in) ___________.

With my combination of skills and experience, I'm sure I would be a good fit for your (agency, firm, company). I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you,

LiLIsraeli
xxx-xxx-xxxx
LiLIsraeli@gmail.com
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics