Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Can you recognize who is underneath an anon posts?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 5:20 pm
From the time I got here I never mentioned to anyone that I log on here except for my dh. So I don't know anyone here at all. Screename s mean nothing unless you know them in real life.

Style just means you know who their screename is unless you know them in real life.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 6:02 pm
cnc wrote:
There are two posters that are very obvious when using anon. They have very distinct styles .

It would be a good idea to pm them.
I would want to be informed.

saw50st8

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 6:06 pm
There have been a few posts people thought were me but weren't. I don't really post anonymously.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 6:10 pm
amother wrote:
From the time I got here I never mentioned to anyone that I log on here except for my dh. So I don't know anyone here at all. Screename s mean nothing unless you know them in real life.

Style just means you know who their screename is unless you know them in real life.

I was asking if you recognize the posters SN.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 6:12 pm
cnc wrote:
There are two posters that are very obvious when using anon. They have very distinct styles .

Me?? Put it out there! Wink

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 6:37 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I've been pm'd about an anonymous post that someone was sure was me...it wasn't.

so much for Yes

Actually, I do know who you are because of the things you have posted about your family, and your name and location.
Does it bother you that I know?
Been wondering if I should tell you or not.
Somehow I think you wouldn't care.

sequoia

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 6:39 pm
saw50st8 wrote:
There have been a few posts people thought were me but weren't. I don't really post anonymously.

I remember that! Even I thought it was you LOL

tigerwife

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 8:18 pm
I mean, if a poster always talks about her toddler and chihuahua and lives in Hawaii, something might click when I read an anon post asking how to prevent my kid and dog from fighting on the beach.

For the most part, anon posts are just... anon to me. I've actually recognized one anon poster's style (writes in bullet points with a space and a period) but I've never noticed anyone do this with their screen name.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 8:49 pm
amother wrote:
I always recognize my own posts.
Because of the way I write.
Do you?
Wink

No, but I'm often impressed by a particularly rational and elegant post with which I agree, only to discover that it was mine. Nice to know I'm consistent. LOL

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 8:52 pm
amother wrote:
No, but I'm often impressed by a particularly rational and elegant post with which I agree, only to discover that it was mine. Nice to know I'm consistent. LOL

It seems youre confused. They're mine.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 8:53 pm
tigerwife wrote:
I mean, if a poster always talks about her toddler and chihuahua and lives in Hawaii, something might click when I read an anon post asking how to prevent my kid and dog from fighting on the beach.

For the most part, anon posts are just... anon to me. I've actually recognized one anon poster's style (writes in bullet points with a space and a period) but I've never noticed anyone do this with their screen name.

Lol. You crack me up.

I rarely post anonymously, but once I did and an anonymous poster on the thread mentioned that it's obvious who I am. She was either right or wrong. Shell never know, and neither will I 😀

cholenteater

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 9:18 pm
Nope!

tigerwife

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 9:23 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Lol. You crack me up.

I rarely post anonymously, but once I did and an anonymous poster on the thread mentioned that it's obvious who I am. She was either right or wrong. Shell never know, and neither will I 😀

As long as none of you lose sleep over this:D

oliveoil

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 9:29 pm
There are some people who have a very distinct "voice" or writing style, or consistently use the same odd spelling, and it is obvious it's them even when they are anon.

There are also ppl who post under their real name on FB and then the same thing with their username here, which gives away their identity. There is a huge crossover between this site and all the Jewish women groups in fb.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 1:34 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Lol. You crack me up.

I knew it was you! I didn't want to pm you in case I was wrong so I posted it on the thread. I figured that way you could edit your posts. But on that thread you denied that I could possibly know it's you, so I shrugged my shoulders and moved on. I was trying to do you a favor, but it's really up to you if you want that info public because it was veeery obvious that it was you from the details you provided on that thread and the details you've shared using your screen name. For the future, be more careful to change or not provide insignificant details anonymously such as the ages of your kids.

salt

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 2:15 am
Just interested. Do I have a distinct style? Or do I not post enough for it to become apparent?

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 2:23 am
salt wrote:
Just interested. Do I have a distinct style? Or do I not post enough for it to become apparent?

I have exactly the same question.

Also - do you think most anon posters are regular posters or people who never use their screen name?

salt

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 2:39 am
I think most anon posters are the less regular ones.
I sometimes post anon if I'm embarrassed that I've been on imamother too long and have posted too many times in 1 afternoon. embarrassed

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 3:41 am
amother wrote:
I knew it was you! I didn't want to pm you in case I was wrong so I posted it on the thread. I figured that way you could edit your posts. But on that thread you denied that I could possibly know it's you, so I shrugged my shoulders and moved on. I was trying to do you a favor, but it's really up to you if you want that info public because it was veeery obvious that it was you from the details you provided on that thread and the details you've shared using your screen name. For the future, be more careful to change or not provide insignificant details anonymously such as the ages of your kids.

Lol. I did change a lot of significant details. Which is why I'm pretty sure the poster was wrong. But since you are anonymous now, and I was anonymous then, once again you are either right or wrong. I guess we'll never know.

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 7:21 am
Only once Smile
Anon poster lamented that as a part of small community she had to cook a meal for someone postpartum, whose parents came to help her, and this was her first child. Meanwhile, the poster worked full time, had a toddler, and was newly pregnant w/ her second one and very nauseous. Plus her husband was in gradschool and only came home for Shabbos. No one knew she was pregnant. She described her situation in great detail and I essentially was able to tell who she was. I kept it to myself, and some time later she did announce she was pregnant. Wink
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics