Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
How to prep frozen potato kugel for shabbos lunch

ttbtbm

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 7:58 pm
I have a frozen potato kugel in a 9x13 that I want to serve for shabbos lunch. What's the best way to prep so that it tastes good? Defrost and heat up in Friday and put on top of crockpot on shabbos morning? Leave it frozen and put it into 200 degree oven when I light candles? Any other suggestions?

kenz

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 8:16 pm
ttbtbm wrote:
I have a frozen potato kugel in a 9x13 that I want to serve for shabbos lunch. What's the best way to prep so that it tastes good? Defrost and heat up in Friday and put on top of crockpot on shabbos morning? Leave it frozen and put it into 200 degree oven when I light candles? Any other suggestions?

I put into crockpot before Shabbos wrapped up in parchment paper or foil on top of the chulent every week, it's delicious. (parchment is healthier, otherwise no difference)

NovelConcept

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 8:20 pm
Put it into the oven on 200 degrees. Pour two cupfuls of water over the kugel and put a small pan with water in the oven as well. Leave it for a few hours erev Shabbos so that it becomes an overnight kugel. No freezer taste. Delicious. Then do whatever you want with it.

ez-pass

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 8:33 pm
Pour a cup if water in it and cover tight. Leave it in the oven at 200 or 215 d3grees until shabbos lunch. (Don't put too much water. It can get o.o watery. I find one cup is enough. More is too much)

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 8:54 pm
I've heard of the overnight kugel method. You have options. Just make sure you don't thaw it and then put it up on the blech, etc. Shabbos morning. The quality won't be the same. I personally put it in a hot oven for an hour before doing anything else but the other methods work. As long as it goes from the freezer straight to higher heat than your blech/crockpot top, etc.

ttbtbm

Post Fri, Jun 30 2017, 12:36 am
ez-pass wrote:
Pour a cup if water in it and cover tight. Leave it in the oven at 200 or 215 d3grees until shabbos lunch. (Don't put too much water. It can get o.o watery. I find one cup is enough. More is too much)

Thanks for all the advice!
Regarding the above - do I pour the water onto the frozen kugel and put in oven right before shabbos or a bit earlier?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes