Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
How does anyone afford daycamp??
Previous  1  2

Blessing1

Post Fri, Jun 30 2017, 10:46 am
I pay 12 months tuition, don't ask me why. If you work you get paid, I don't need to pay for the teachers vacation. Plus Daycamp which is the schools day camp, it's $480 a summer. The private Daycamp's can be $1200 per summer.

Optione

Post Fri, Jun 30 2017, 11:11 am
Blessing1 wrote:
I pay 12 months tuition, don't ask me why. If you work you get paid, I don't need to pay for the teachers vacation.

You don't. The school does you a favor by letting you pay it over 12 months.
We pay in the $750 range per month over 12 months for school. If we had to pay in the $900s over 10 months, we would not make it paycheck to paycheck.

Fabulous

Post Fri, Jun 30 2017, 11:14 am
Optione wrote:
You don't. The school does you a favor by letting you pay it over 12 months.
We pay in the $750 range per month over 12 months for school. If we had to pay in the $900s over 10 months, we would not make it paycheck to paycheck.

no, some schools actually make you pay tuition for 12 months. I don't know if that's what Blessing is talking about. But usually one has to ask for the 12 month option as a favor and it's often not accommodated, so I'm assuming Blessing knows that's not what she's doing.

cnc

Post Fri, Jun 30 2017, 11:55 am
Fabulous wrote:
no, some schools actually make you pay tuition for 12 months. I don't know if that's what Blessing is talking about. But usually one has to ask for the 12 month option as a favor and it's often not accommodated, so I'm assuming Blessing knows that's not what she's doing.

This. I also pay twelve months tuition (and thirteen when when it's a Jewish leap year) in my boys yeshiva plus an additional fee for daycamp (equivalent to two months of tuition). I personally prefer that they take the lump sum of twelve months and redivide it into ten payments - makes my budgeting simpler because I also have to pay for camp.

cnc

Post Fri, Jun 30 2017, 11:57 am
cnc wrote:
This. I also pay twelve months tuition ( thirteen whe it's a Jewish leap year) in my boys yeshiva plus an additional fee for daycamp (equivalent to two months of tuition). I personally prefer that they take the lump sum of twelve months and redivide it into ten payments - makes my budgeting simpler because I also have to pay for camp.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jun 30 2017, 12:11 pm
I get paid biweekly. I live on two pay-periods each month, and twice a year I get an "extra" pay check. One is in June, and it goes to summer costs - extra camp, higher electric bill, etc....

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Jun 30 2017, 12:28 pm
I send to a backyard camp for $75 a week, I can't afford a "real" camp.
My DD Is perfectly content swimming in a kiddie pool and it works for now. We'll see what happens when she's older but for now it works.

Blessing1

Post Fri, Jun 30 2017, 12:43 pm
Optione, we don't get an option of not paying over 12 months. It's a set price per month that we pay 12 months a year. Many schools I know pay 12 months a year.

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Jun 30 2017, 3:10 pm
amother wrote:
Our tuition is paid quarterly so we're basically paying all year (plus camp)
You can break up the payments any way you want as long as you're up to date. Noone will object to getting monthly check payments (annual cost divided by 10) if you're on time with the quarterly amounts anyway.
Blessing can make higher monthly payments so by the time summer rolls around the balance is paid off. Noone will object to balance being paid up early.

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Jun 30 2017, 3:46 pm
amother wrote:
You can break up the payments any way you want as long as you're up to date. Noone will object to getting monthly payments (annual cost divided by 10) if you're on time with the quarterly amounts anyway.

that's a fairly blanket statement. it takes more human resources to deal with monthly payments, then quarterly payments. Schools do have policies about these things - its not just 'do whatever'.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers