Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
3 week old doesn't fall asleep on his own
Previous  1  2

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 8:25 am
Read the book 'Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Chlid" by Dr. Weissbluth. Has lots of great suggestions.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 10:29 am
I still rock my 10-month-old to sleep.

chanitroy

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 11:00 am
I highly recommend.lens reading "the baby whisperer solves all your problems". She teaches you how to teach independant sleep habits from newborn age and beyond... Theres different techniques for different ages. Her technique for this age consists of 4 s's- set the stage (make room dark.. Ect), swaddle, sitting (holding them for 5 minutes but not rocking to keep, just transitioning to a really calm state) and finally shush-pat (laying them down in crib while patting firmly and rythmically, while saying shhhhhhh very loud near their ear), if they are having a hard time to settle you, they may cry but you is it keep doing that shush pat for 20 min... Even after they call down till they are in deep sleep. At first it seems like rocking. To sleep but really because they are lying in bed and you are just helping them fall into deep sleep this actually eventually teaches them how to do it on their own without you shushpatting. After about a week or two they should be able to be put down swaddled and left and will fall asleep on their own). This short run through is in no way adequate and you should really read her books. Tracy hogg is the name of the author she has a few books. And they work veryw all for me. She is middle of the road, advocates teaching sleep from birth but in a gentle way not leaving them to cry

lkwdgirl

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 12:32 pm
He's three weeks old for heavens sake. What do you want already? You can't spoil suck a newborn. Rock him! Hold him! Love him!!!!!!!

Tiredmom7

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 7:29 pm
Read the Happiest Baby on the Block by Dr Harvey Karp. He teaches self soothing meathods that really work. Babies are not left to cry it out with his meathods.

keym

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 8:01 pm
At three Weeks its ok that he needs help falling asleep. Try swaddling, rocking, whatever and put him down beffore hes fast asleep and help him with patting, singing, rocking his crib to fall asleep deeply. When he gets good this way, then move to less rocking whatever.
If you plan on going back to work at 6 Weeks, the babysittet should be prepared to deal with a nb who is not a robot. Every nb babysitter I ever dealt with held rocked cuddled etc and did noy let baby cio. If they did, my kid would be out of there that day.
In general stop worrying about what will be in the future and enjoy the stage that your at. It sounds clicge but they really grow up quickly.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics