Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning lady dripped bleach all over my carpet

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jul 03 2017, 6:34 pm
I never buy bleach spray, but she asked me to buy it. Apparently the bottle was cracked and dripped all over my newish master bedroom carpet. I'm so sad. Any way to remedy this....I'm afraid not....

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 03 2017, 6:38 pm
Oy, oy, oy!!!

ariellabella

Post Mon, Jul 03 2017, 7:42 pm
amother wrote:
I never buy bleach spray, but she asked me to buy it. Apparently the bottle was cracked and dripped all over my newish master bedroom carpet. I'm so sad. Any way to remedy this....I'm afraid not....

Did you save any of the leftover scraps from the installation? It obviously depends how much of your carpet is damaged, but perhaps you could have someone cut out the damaged areas and replace them with your saved scraps?

Amarante

Post Mon, Jul 03 2017, 8:30 pm
Not a perfect solution but bleach was spilled in front of the laundry room on the floor of my building and they brought in someone who dyed the pattern. If your pattern is solid, it would probably be even easier to match the color.

ariellabella

Post Mon, Jul 03 2017, 8:39 pm
I just have to say I am very amused that my post above got hugged.

Dandelion1

Post Mon, Jul 03 2017, 9:26 pm
ariellabella wrote:
I just have to say I am very amused that my post above got hugged.

I wouldn't assume it's a sarcastic hug.... Sometimes I hug people just for caring and trying to help!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Jul 03 2017, 11:27 pm
Sometimes hug= I'm sorry for your situation; I feel for your distress; I send you chizzuk

zaq

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 12:50 am
amother wrote:
Sometimes hug= I'm sorry for your situation; I feel for your distress; I send you chizzuk

But the reader who was hugged was offering advice, not reporting distress. Maybe the hug meant "thanks so much for the great idea!". You think?

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 12:55 am
My cleaning ladies have cost me much more after the hour than on the hour.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 11:01 am
I had to get rid of all things bleach from my home after things started getting bleach spots on them. And I never use bleach myself around fabrics so you can imagine how hard it was see the ruined items. It was a hard transition finding replacement cleaners that cleaned as well but we've done it b"h.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry