Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Why doesn't weight watchers work for me anymore???

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 10:37 pm
About 18 yrs ago I was able to loose 25 lbs following weight watchers. Now when I do the program I manage to loose 3-4 lbs and then maintain that. So when I follow WW, I am not loosing but not gaining either. I am frustrated that I follow a program and I'm not loosing. ....About 3 wks ago I just started eating whatever I want! I can't stop now.... I keep checking my fridge, pantry to see what I'll have next. Of course now at the end of the day I feel gross ... Why did I eat like a garbage can?? I am a good 30 lbs overweight and very short so I KNOW that I don't look good but I just can't stop eating. BTW I was sticking with WW's for a few yrs and not loosing. Whenever I went off it (like for yomtov) and then went back - I would only loose the couple of lbs I gained and then it stopped.I know I'm rambling ..but I just don't know what to do...

max

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 11:27 pm
Maybe instead of trying to follow the diet at home alone you would benefit from actually going to sign in at weight watchers. There are benefits to attending regular meetings and being accountable at a weekly formal weigh in and the group leader can give you helpful suggestions that are relevant to you . Also even if you sit silently in the meeting by listening to other people's trials and tribulations you will gain chizuk and it might be the extra help you need at least temporarily for a jump start. Hatzlacha!!

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 8:27 am
max wrote:
Maybe instead of trying to follow the diet at home alone you would benefit from actually going to sign in at weight watchers. There are benefits to attending regular meetings and being accountable at a weekly formal weigh in and the group leader can give you helpful suggestions that are relevant to you . Also even if you sit silently in the meeting by listening to other people's trials and tribulations you will gain chizuk and it might be the extra help you need at least temporarily for a jump start. Hatzlacha!!

thank you...maybe I'll do that

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 8:57 am
If the diet was helping you lose the few extras gained over the years and basically just maintain status quo with the extra weight intact then the diet isn't working for you for weight loss anymore. I was on a diet for a number of years that worked really well for me and then it just stopped working and I wasn't able to lose that way anymore. Time to shock the system with a totally new diet.

Optione

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 12:08 pm
Could it be the quality of how you eat your points? Meaning, 6 points of ice cream is not equal to 6 points of a few ounces of chicken and sweet potatoes...

octopus

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 2:20 pm
Did you do the diet back in the day when fruit was not free? I found that since they made fruit zero points, I tend to snack on fruit instead of veggies- and, no, I will not lose the same way. Does that stop me from limiting my fruit? no... Twisted Evil
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise