Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Pen Name for Mag Publishing

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 9:11 am
I have some articles lying around and have decided to send some in to one magazine or the other. If published (a big if, I know) I would want a pen name used. So, in the email sending in my subscription, do I give them my real name, my intended pen name, both?

tigerwife

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 10:08 am
IME, they will let you know that your article has been accepted and whatever editing is necessary in advance. At that point you can tell them, ok, please publish under the pseudonym Sarah Doe.

If you are really nervous about hiding your identity ( Wink ), you can always create a brand new email address and submit through there.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 10:14 am
are you planning on getting paid?

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 11:18 am
I dont mind the editors knowing my name, I just don't want it inadvertently printed. Is it too presumptuous to put a line in my email stating 'if you decide to accept this, please reach out as I'd want a pen name printed'?

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 11:26 am
amother wrote:
I dont mind the editors knowing my name, I just don't want it inadvertently printed. Is it too presumptuous to put a line in my email stating 'if you decide to accept this, please reach out as I'd want a pen name printed'?

I have nearly no knowledge of the publishing industry.. but if it was me... I would send article as an attachment to the email, with the pen name as the the author.

The Joy of Dusting
by: Mrs. Very Tidy

Everyday when I wake up.....

In the email explain that you are sending in the article (unsolicited) for publication under your pen name Mrs. Very Tidy.... I'm sure there are other things that would need to be said in this cover letter. Of course the email would have your name, addresses and phone number.

iluvy

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 11:29 am
When the article is accepted, Mishpacha asks you what name you would like to use.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 11:32 am
Write the pen name inside the file (on top next to title) the first time you submit it. Do not wait for them to respond before you tell them this info. It can happen that by that time your article could be proccessed in editing /proofreading and your request will get lost.
Happened to me once when I chose not write under my own name.
If you plan on getting paid then of course send your real info too when making the request to stay anonymous.
Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club