Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Would you leave a new cleaning lady alone in your house?
Previous  1  2

pause

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 9:10 pm
NO!

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 9:21 pm
Years ago, when I had a smaller home and small family, I was very careful to have help only when I was around. Now, b"h my family and home are larger and I need more cleaning help. I also work much of the day. It became impossible for my help to finish everything if she first started at 3:30-when I got home. Most of them only work till 5. I also found it very difficult to have someone trying to mop my floors when my kids are all home. It became too tense trying to keep everyone out of the way so that she can clean. While I do try to pop in on her here and there, and I do have CCTV cameras, she is alone most of the time. I have been using this setup for a number of years. While it is not ideal, it works for my family.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 10:18 pm
Am I the only one who not only leaves cleaning ladies alone but would actually prefer they are there when I'm not home? Most people I know have someone when they are not home.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 10:28 pm
amother wrote:
Am I the only one who not only leaves cleaning ladies alone but would actually prefer they are there when I'm not home? Most people I know have someone when they are not home.

no you're not. My daughter's Chabad daycare also has non-Jewish staff (who are wonderful human beings) - so this thread doesn't resemble my life.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 10:32 pm
I'm actually sitting here all paranoid now. I've left brand new cleaning ladies in my house and have given more trusted cleaning ladies a key at times (only temporarily they always gave back).

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 12:11 am
A new cleaning lady... no

Full time help, nanny, or someone who u have had for a long time, especially with security camera... yes.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics