Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Desperate to lose weight in a week!

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 4:01 pm
Please help me! I have put on a fortune of weight and feeling so depressed about the way I look. My sisters wedding is next week. Any advice/ diets/ chuzuk much appreciated. Feeling desperate

simba

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 4:48 pm
How much weight do you want to lose in a week? You can crash diet, it isn't healthy but a week won't kill you!
The most you will lose is 5-6 pounds.

crust

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 5:18 pm
amother wrote:
Any advice/ diets/ chuzuk much appreciated. Feeling desperate

Yes. I have an excellent crash diet.
For the rest of the time left till the wedding, every single day, stand in front of a mirror and tell yourself; I love you I love you I love you. I love you the way you are. I love you with the weight gained. I love you the way you look. You are delicious the way you are. I love you.
Repeat at least 25 times a day.
You will crash the poor self image and boost your self esteem.
Enjoy the wedding.

Last edited by crust on Wed, Jul 05 2017, 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

qwerty4

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 5:19 pm
Though you should not diet expecting great results in a week, one week of low carbing strictly will make you feel so much better.

cbg

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 5:25 pm
crust wrote:
Yes. I have an excellent crash diet.
For the rest of the time left till the wedding, every single day, stand in front of a mirror and tell yourself; I love you I love you I love you. I love you the way you are. I love you with the weight gained. I love you the way you look. You are delicious the way you are. I love you.
Repeat at least 25 times a day.
You will crash the poor self image and boost your self esteem.
Enjoy the wedding.

Love it love it love it

Buy yourself a good body shaper for the wedding.
You'll probably look slimmer than the 5-6lbs you'll lose in a week.
You need to try them on.
I've found good ones in Marshalls for less than $30

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 5:31 pm
simba wrote:
How much weight do you want to lose in a week? You can crash diet, it isn't healthy but a week won't kill you!
The most you will lose is 5-6 pounds.
This. OP, how much are you hoping you can lose? Because in one week, in 7 days, even if you have a LOOOOT to loose, you wont loose as much as you probably want to.Its physically not possible.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 10:56 pm
In total I'd like to lose about 25 lbs so as much as is possible in a week I guess

chocolatecake

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 11:33 pm
Try the military diet. Its a three day diet and u can lose 5 lbs. Its an easy diet cuz u have exact meal plans. Obviously its not long term but it does give good quick results. Good luck.

momof2+?

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 11:35 pm
I agree with getting yourself a good girdle. Even if you manage to lose 5 pounds this week other people won't be able to tell. A body shaper will squeeze you into whatever you were going to wear. It can't hurt to eat healthy this week though. It will make YOU feel skinnier.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 11:38 pm
Chocolate cake have you had success with the military diet? Were you starving?

chocolatecake

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 11:52 pm
amother wrote:
Chocolate cake have you had success with the military diet? Were you starving?

I did it twice and lost five lbs both times. I did while nursing so I allowed myself a drop bigger portion sizes then they say and I drank a lot of diet soda which is also illegal. The first time I did it I was very hungry second time not as much.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 11:54 pm
Thank you. I am also nursing so was wondering about that. Any other crash diet ideas?

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 11:57 pm
Cut out any food that make you retain water or bloat you in any way. That alone can make you look a lot trimmer. If your baby is relying on nursing, anything drastic might seriously affect your supply.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 11:58 pm
Can you tell me what are foods that make you retain water? She is 10mo so not relying on it

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 12:02 am
amother wrote:
Can you tell me what are foods that make you retain water? She is 10mo so not relying on it

Sodium and carbs are the biggest. Also make sure to drink lots and lots of water.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 2:33 am
amother wrote:
In total I'd like to lose about 25 lbs so as much as is possible in a week I guess
Unless you are obese, you are not going to be able to, in a healthy SAFE way, to loose anywhere near 25 pounds in a week. The most would be if you lost a pound a day.
Please eat wisely and also remember that not eating will not make you lose weight as your body will go into starvation mode and that does not make you lose anything.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise