Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Would you borrow something like that
Previous  1  2

amother
White

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 2:32 pm
amother wrote:
For me it would make a difference if you are using it for yourself or for you boys

boys have the cooties?

zaq

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 2:40 pm
amother wrote:
I was depressed once, and borrowed but it was full of hair and was gross so I returned it without using it

what does that have to do with being depressed?

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 2:41 pm
amother wrote:
boys have the cooties?

Yes, beneath their skullcap.

tiger88

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 2:57 pm
Why do you feel you can't say no?

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 3:00 pm
amother wrote:
boys have the cooties?

Yes they do but that was not my point,
I was trying to say that if I used the machine for myself on my head I woukd not lend it if I use it for my boys I woukdnt care

OutATowner

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 3:15 pm
I've borrowed from my neighbor to see if I should use it for ds. It was her suggestion actually. I bought one then lent mine to a different neighbor when hers broke. I consider them to be clean people and the same way I would eat off their dishes I would lend or use their haircutting machine.
I don't see a difference, but it's interesting to see that others do. I guess you never know.
Now I'm nervous...what else should I not ask everyone for?
I borrowed a heating pad recently, is that acceptable?
I am being completely serious here, I would hate to make someone uncomfortable.
Especially since we have a group chat for my neighborhood with about 10 of us, and we ask to borrow things all the time. Dont want to ask something weird, so help me out here.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 3:34 pm
OutATowner wrote:
I've borrowed from my neighbor to see if I should use it for ds. It was her suggestion actually. I bought one then lent mine to a different neighbor when hers broke. I consider them to be clean people and the same way I would eat off their dishes I would lend or use their haircutting machine.
I don't see a difference, but it's interesting to see that others do. I guess you never know.
Now I'm nervous...what else should I not ask everyone for?
I borrowed a heating pad recently, is that acceptable?
I am being completely serious here, I would hate to make someone uncomfortable.
Especially since we have a group chat for my neighborhood with about 10 of us, and we ask to borrow things all the time. Dont want to ask something weird, so help me out here.

In general, I'm much more comfortable posting something on a group chat vs asking one particular person. That way it's a general request and you aren't putting one person on the spot.

Slight off topic, it drives me crazy when someone posts a request in a group chat and someone offers that so and so has one. If it's something very unique, she can let so and so know that someone is looking for it, and give her the contact info. But to just offer up someone else's stuff or services is beyond me...

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 3:43 pm
zaq wrote:
what does that have to do with being depressed?

Typo , desperate

cm

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 6:09 pm
I don't know what a haircutting machine is, but anything that might draw blood by accident or otherwise come into contact with bodily fluids is not for sharing. If it is plausible that someone might nick his or her skin while using the device (or that you have in the past), do not share it.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 7:41 pm
amother wrote:
In general, I'm much more comfortable posting something on a group chat vs asking one particular person. That way it's a general request and you aren't putting one person on the spot.

Slight off topic, it drives me crazy when someone posts a request in a group chat and someone offers that so and so has one. If it's something very unique, she can let so and so know that someone is looking for it, and give her the contact info. But to just offer up someone else's stuff or services is beyond me...

Completely off topic, but what drives me bonkers is when people act as if they would be doing you a favor by accepting your used items. "If anyone is done with their Bugaboo Donkey, in pristine condition, I'd be glad to take it off your hands. Excellent used condition only."

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 7:45 pm
Sounds gross. Sad If I had one, I wouldn't want to lend it to a non close family member.

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 7:49 pm
amother wrote:
Completely off topic, but what drives me bonkers is when people act as if they would be doing you a favor by accepting your used items. "If anyone is done with their Bugaboo Donkey, in pristine condition, I'd be glad to take it off your hands. Excellent used condition only."

Along the lines of "letting you do a mitzvah" when they want a favor.

I will "let you do a mitzvah by borrowing me your personal haircutting machine".

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 12:09 am
I would say the word is lend, not borrow. (In the Yiddish language as well)
לייען נישט בארגן.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 12:29 am
I once lent mine to a (close) neighbor. I asked her to use her own actual clip ons with it and return it clean. She thought I was weird, but I was too grossed out. And we each borrowed from each other many things.
Now if someone would ask me for it I hope to feel comfortable saying no. .

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 1:32 am
[quote="amother"]Maybe slightly different case, but a neighbor once asked me if she could borrow my breast milk pump. Now, while the parts can be boiled out (mechanical pump), I had read that that doesn't kill all germs and viruses. So I didn't want to give her the pump, I just find that - yucky. I told her that I had this terrible yeast infection on my breast and really didn't want her to catch that. It was a lie but I couldn't think of any other way to say no that wouldn't have given me the feeling that I had let her down or insulted her.[/

So how do hospitals have breast pumps that are used by everyone? I have also borrowed breast pumps from the pharmacy, it's a common service in my country.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 2:00 am
amother wrote:
So how do hospitals have breast pumps that are used by everyone? I have also borrowed breast pumps from the pharmacy, it's a common service in my country.

They have a pump, but give each lady a new piece that actually touches her body and milk. The tube that attaches to the machine just pumps air.

GetReal

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 7:36 am
Hospital grade pumps are a closed system, meaning milk gets in the parts but not the machine itself, and each user gets new parts. Other pumps are open systems and some milk can back up.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette