Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Unethical Boss

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 7:05 pm
I work in a professional setting (like a CPA, Dr. type of office).

The office I work for has a number of ethical related issues that bother me (say something like disclose to customers information about other customers, money transfers, customer privacy issues, not disclosing fees upfront, negligence etc.).

Would you quit your job?

As well, I am talking in a vague manner to protect privacy.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 7:16 pm
I would.. and if it was really awful, I'd even consider being whistleblower by calling whatever professional organization my boss is a member of.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 7:28 pm
If it's done out of ignorance and I had influence to change the situation, I would talk to my boss.

Otherwise, I would get out.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 7:32 pm
This person is aware- this person(s) actually tell the staff on a routine basis about the ethic rules.

crust

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 7:48 pm
amother wrote:
This person is aware- this person(s) actually tell the staff on a routine basis about the ethic rules.

I dont understand.
They tell the staff to do an unethical thing? And they were made aware that it is unethical, and they continue?
If you are sure this was communicated, and you are being forced in a nice way to do things that are against your values, I'd say you follow the Chovos Halvuvos.
Search for a different job and
Quit.
I don't think you are mechiyuv al pi halacha to make your boss aware more than once, nor are you mechiyuv to spell out why you are leaving if it can cause you a bad reputation.
Good luck.

zaq

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 6:51 am
Leave. If there is ever an investigation, you will be implicated, if not as an active participant then as an accessory. Even if no charges are ever brought against you, the experience will be unpleasant if not traumatic. And mud sticks.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Aug 20 2017, 5:16 am
Thank you - appreciate the advise.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics