Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
What is an escape room?

Maryann

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 1:37 pm
?

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 2:05 pm
A place where they have locked rooms and you must figure out a series of puzzles to unlock the door. It's a lot more fun than it sounds.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 2:12 pm
Its basicly a locked room mystery solved in real time with real people.The themes may vary. Someone just opened on locally, it will be interesting to see if they can survive through the summer.

rdmom

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 2:50 pm
My daughter just went to one with a couple of friends. She is making me crazy we should go as a family next. Says she had so much fun

mfb

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 3:41 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
Its basicly a locked room mystery solved in real time with real people.The themes may vary. Someone just opened on locally, it will be interesting to see if they can survive through the summer.

Locally where?

Definitely lots of fun!! My kids from age 7 and up all enjoyed. My 4 year old didn't understand the clues but enjoyed the hype.

Kiwi13

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 3:48 pm
Small detail in case you're worried about safety... the door isn't really locked (at the one I went to they told us it was a safety hazard and they weren't allowed to actually lock it) but it is closed with an alarm that goes off if you open it, unless you disable the alarm by solving the puzzle. There are layers upon layers of clues you have to sort through. You're basically put in the room without much instruction and you have to search for the clues. Best to divide roles and conquer as a group. Teamwork is important because it's a race against the clock.

I went to an escape room with family (all adults) and we had a great time. There are different themes, like breaking out of prison or whatever... we did a pirate-themed room and it was really fun!

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 3:49 pm
mfb wrote:
Locally where?

Definitely lots of fun!! My kids from age 7 and up all enjoyed. My 4 year old didn't understand the clues but enjoyed the hype.

I live in the PNW. I prefer not to disclose my location as a matter of privacy.

smileforamile

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 4:14 pm
Delete

Last edited by smileforamile on Tue, Feb 12 2019, 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 4:21 pm
smileforamile wrote:
Btw, there is also a board game version if you're interested.

Clue?

Raisin

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 4:23 pm
We've done a few escape rooms with my family. (aged 6-17) If you like maths and puzzles they are great fun. But you also need to find stuff so even a young kid can join in. My 6 year old loved it. My toddler was also there but obviously didn't really participate.

They are pretty expensive imo for what they are. Cost about $15-25 per person. (although they don't usually charge us for the little kids) And the last one we finished in about 25 minutes. Check on groupon or similar for deals, because we have found deals in the past.

If you are good at puzzles theoretically you could set one up in your house. You need some basic equipment like lockboxes, padlocks, uv light and pen, etc. We set one up for a kids program here but it was a kit we bought designed by someone else.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics