Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
MA in Social Work vs. MA in Psychology

tf

Post Sun, Jul 09 2017, 2:33 am
What's the difference in having a MA in social work vs. having a MA in psychology? Is the learning different? Are the job opportunities different? I assumed they were in the same category and one name can go for the other, but when I had my interview with the college, they specifically told me these are 2 different degrees, and if I will want to take my Doctorate in Psychology, the MA in social work will not be good enough. Anyone with experience in the area?
Also, are the colleges all the same in terms of intensity? Why does it take for some colleges 18 months and for others 2,3, or 4 years? Does it pay to spend more for a 18 month program, and then make more money earlier?
TIA for the time and concentration it takes to answer.

tf

Post Sun, Jul 09 2017, 8:28 am
Bump

cm

Post Sun, Jul 09 2017, 8:36 am
Decide on your career goal, then see what credentials are required. The social workers I know have MSW degrees, not MA. The psychologists have PhD degrees. I'm not sure where the MA fits in, as I have no personal experience with either field.

(You might get more responses in an another-enabled section).

tf

Post Sun, Jul 09 2017, 8:42 am
MA in social work is the same as MSW.
What do you mean by "another enabled section "? Isn't miscellaneous an enabled section?

cm

Post Sun, Jul 09 2017, 8:44 am
Sorry, typo (auto-correct). Amother-enabled. Many posters prefer to share their profession and other personal details anonymously.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics