Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
My one year old stopped eating

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jul 09 2017, 10:58 pm
My baby just turned a year and till now he ate really well. He cut down his food to half the serving size and now He suddenly stopped eating, he could go for days without really eating anything. He will take just one or two bites and then refuse the rest. I keep trying different foods, and I offer a variety but he just does not want to eat. It doesn't look like he is teething, and he has his four top teeth and two bottom teeth already. He is also barely drinking his bottles, so he isn't getting nutrition from that either. What could this be, and how could I get him to eat??

yogabird

Post Sun, Jul 09 2017, 11:03 pm
Could be normal toddler behavior

http://www.ellynsatterinstitut.....s.php

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jul 09 2017, 11:30 pm
How about other signs of health? It may be normal, but you don't want to overlook anything serious chv. Paleness, weakness, lethargy, bruising, etc should be checked out by a doctor. If everything is otherwise normal, it's probably jist the finicky eater stage. Good luck.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jul 10 2017, 1:05 pm
If he is suddenly eating that little, I'd take him to the doctor for a check up.

When my daughter was around a year and ahalf, she suddenly started eating a lot less, and then she stopped gaining weight. It turned out she had mono - there were no other symptoms, just reduced appetite, it cleared on its own, but it also allowed the doctors to rule out anything more serious. You shouldn't wait until your baby stops gaining weight.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics