Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
NYC DOE teachers - how did you do your 30+ credits?

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jul 10 2017, 10:50 pm
I teach in a public school in New York. I just finished my bachelor's degree, and I now want to work on my 30 credits above. However, I called HR Connect, and they told me that they will not accept any CLEP that overlaps with or is a prerequisite for a course that I already took for my bachelor's or master's degree. That eliminates almost all the CLEPs, besides possibly History of the U.S. and maybe American Government (maybe also Intro to Sociology and some of the business courses, but I'd have to teach those to myself from scratch). Furthermore, they will not accept any online courses unless they are taken in an online program that is accredited by New York State and the New York State Department of Education (so this eliminates TTI).

Given these limitations, what is the fastest and most cost-effective way for me to earn my 30+ credits?

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jul 10 2017, 11:07 pm
I am not familiar with DOE requirements but I'm wondering whether you've looked into CUNY and SUNY online programs?

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Jul 10 2017, 11:20 pm
Many years ago, both the doe and uft offered courses called p credits which they counted for extra 30. These courses were given online or during presidents week or summer....but were specifically with doe agreement to accept these for extra 30.

Do they still have these now?? Im not sure but maybe ask uft or hr connect if they offer these for p credits and please make sure they still accept these because I dont know if they changed their policies.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics