Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
What to do with so much unstructured time?

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jul 11 2017, 8:16 am
My 15 yr old dd, is away first half in sleepover camp. Second half she's running a backyard camp for little girls with a friend. The camp will be over at 3:00, and Fridays at 12:30. That still leaves her hours worth of down time. Any ideas? Thanx

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Jul 11 2017, 8:38 am
How about just having some down time?

What are her interests? Hobbies?

Does she have friends available?

What does she want to do?

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jul 11 2017, 9:18 am
I do think it's good for kids to figure out on their own what to do with down time. However, I'd love to hear some idea, suggestions, what your teens do. Mine just end up on their electronics/ technology. It drives me crazy. They also don't like it, but can't come up with other ideas.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jul 11 2017, 10:00 am
What are your kids' interests and hobbies?

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Jul 12 2017, 7:13 am
Bump.

LittleMissMama

Post Wed, Jul 12 2017, 10:47 am
reading, chores, exercise, summer homework

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Jul 12 2017, 11:04 am
She's 15, give her a break. Let her figure out what she wants to do (outside of chores). Every minute of a kids life doesn't need to be scheduled.

cozyblanket

Post Wed, Jul 12 2017, 2:20 pm
Sit down with her and ask what kinds of projects she might want to work on with her free time... scrapbooking, painting a room, chessed once a week?

Can she go swimming some evenings?

Are there classes offered she is interested in? For example, does someone in your community teach sewing and your DD would be interested? The idea of being able to make your own things might interest her... Or, some girls need something totally different, like dance classes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children