Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
LAKEWOOD bathroom contractor

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 9:51 pm
Looking for a responsible, reliable contractor with decent pricing. We have mold growing in our bathroom behind the tile and need to rip out the bathroom and replace it. We will be re-tiling the walls/floor and replace the tub, and possibly replace the vanity and toilet as well. Tx!

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 10:14 pm
Dovid Lurie 732-966-6860

EnnuiGalore

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 12:03 pm
👍🏼

Last edited by EnnuiGalore on Sun, Jul 02 2017, 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Navy

Post Sat, Jul 01 2017, 10:11 pm
what did you like about Dovid Lurie?
any other recommendations?

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Jul 01 2017, 11:41 pm
EnnuiGalore wrote:
Before you call anyone check first to [removed]

What was the point of that comment? Not so nice in my opinion

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 7:41 pm
That comment should be erased. Just because theres a few bad pple, doesnt mean the whole lakewood is dishonest. Really rude to write that.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 7:45 pm
Yes there was a story going sound of a contractor who did unscrupulous work.

David genut is honest and a pleasure to work with.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 7:51 pm
Azure- since it's very relevant to me l'to'eles, any way for me to find out who that was?

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 8:54 pm
Lurie didn't go over the estimate he gave us, and finished on time, very clean work. I highly doubt he is being investigated. was honest and easy to work with.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jul 03 2017, 6:52 am
I myself don't know who it is. I gave you thecontractor I used to make my basement. I did it legally. And David did it for me. He's as honest as can be for a contractor.

When you do things legally you can't get contractor s that do illegal stuff. That's the takeaway from this story. Take someone that's known to be honest and do things legally you will b fine

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jul 03 2017, 10:05 am
also when you take a contractor you should ask him for his license. then you will know if he does things legal or not. also legal building goes with inspections so you wont get involved with illegal stuff. im just giving you tips not to fall in with unscrupulous workers. this should eliminate all the wrong poeple and you should be good to go.

when a company tells you they are legal you can check online for their legality. and for their license. this is the best I could tell you. no I dont know where you could find the one that did trouble I just heard it and I cant even recall where or from what. too many stories going around for different things. if its that important maybe google it.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jul 03 2017, 12:40 pm
http://www.thelakewoodscoop.co......html

this is what I found. if this helps you. not sure it will. the most important thing is to ask for their license and go by word of mouth. people with a license usually are not willing to mess it up.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jul 03 2017, 1:11 pm
I see. thanks so much Azure!

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Jul 13 2017, 2:06 pm
Dovid Lurie just came by- what a mensch!

I was running late and made him wait- he totally didn't mind. He Looked at the room I wanted done and asked if I want to redo it, or if I feel I need to. He said that mold isn't a concern here, but he'd be happy to do the work it if we wanted to for cosmetic reasons. Another smaller job I wanted to do he said I can do by myself for $30 and told me how to. You don't come across such yashar business people every day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics