Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Oldest age you'd share a bedroom with?

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Jul 12 2017, 3:09 pm
Just wondering has anyone kept a child in their bedroom (due to lack of living space) past 1 year old? What do you think the max age that we can continue doing this for?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jul 12 2017, 3:16 pm
I shared a bedroom with my parents till I was 10. Then we moved and I got to have my own room.
My DS shared room with us till he was 5. We did made a partition out of curtain when he was about 4. We all survived.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Jul 12 2017, 3:18 pm
Definitely past 1! I've done till at least 2. I know ppl who co sleep till 5

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Jul 12 2017, 11:03 pm
Thanks guys, this is making me feel a lot better. Mine is 1 now. It's been working out just fine for us so far- and hopefully we'll be a bigger space within the next couple of years. Good to know it isn't totally unheard of and weird.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jul 12 2017, 11:13 pm
In the summertime we slept in our parents' bedroom til mid teens, cuz their room had a/c and ours didn't.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jul 12 2017, 11:16 pm
My two year old still sleeps in my bed.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Jul 12 2017, 11:18 pm
Last summer all four of us slept in a hotel room for the summer and kids were 20 and 16. Girls in one bed, boys in the other.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jul 12 2017, 11:33 pm
My ILs had 8 kids...they slept with their baby till age 3 when the oldest got married. They had nowhere else to but the baby!

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Jul 13 2017, 5:35 am
Am I allowed to ask how you keep up your intimate life under these conditions. I have a similar situation.

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Jul 13 2017, 3:36 pm
amother wrote:
Am I allowed to ask how you keep up your intimate life under these conditions. I have a similar situation.

The other parts of the apartment Smile we don't have any other children so no worries about privacy in that regard.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jul 13 2017, 3:47 pm
We moved my son out of the master bedroom crib and in to the children's room when he was almost 3 years old. I wake up with him in my bed almost every morning. He comes in middle of the night.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Jul 13 2017, 4:01 pm
amother wrote:
The other parts of the apartment Smile we don't have any other children so no worries about privacy in that regard.

This is part of why we've stuck with it and probably will until age 4-5! I think it'll probably get more complicated when our oldest is old enough to stay up much past 8. Until then we have as much privacy as we need.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics