Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Bar Mitzva centerpieces

familyfirst

Post Sat, Oct 31 2009, 9:18 pm
Any ideas for Bar Mitzva centerpieces? (Not Chanuka ones, as another poster needed, just generic!). Thanks

imasinger

Post Sat, Oct 31 2009, 11:03 pm
At our wedding, we had fruit baskets as centerpieces -- we bought the baskets and the produce. We had a note saying that guests should enjoy whatever they wanted, and the rest would be donated to a food gemach. The baskets were surrounded by good quality fake flowers that we still use to decorate our sukka.

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Jul 14 2017, 9:33 am
Bumping this up for more ideas.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Jul 14 2017, 11:26 am
You can look at the instagram pages of party planners and get ideas from them. I love fresh flowers. You can get cheap vases from the dollar store. Tall, narrow vases need only a few flowers and you don't need to spend much. Another popular option is decorative candles. You can put them in varying heights. You can put them in lanterns. You can also use low wide vases or bowls. Fill them with water/colored stones/food coloring to match the decor and add tea lights. They float on top of the water and can look very pretty.

PAMOM

Post Fri, Jul 14 2017, 12:35 pm
Things I've seen and liked: baskets with packaged/canned food to be delivered to food pantries, baskets of books or sports equipment such as baseballs, gloves, swim goggles for schools or youth centers in low-income neighborhoods or community centers; arts and crafts items such as crayons, kid scissors for homeless shelters. Some people have the knack of being able to wrap baskets nicely in clear cellaphane but there are people or places that will do it for you. I did one of these and attached multi colored balloons to the top of the basket and scattered a little glitter around it. Other people put mirrored pieces underneath. Additional benefit :tax deduction for donation and emphasis on tzedakah.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics