Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
S/o- write one positive thing abt your challenging dc
Previous  1  2

Aylat

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 4:41 am
mha3484 wrote:
My son has a hard time with self control but he is the warmest most loving child. He loves hugs and is so in touch with his feelings. He is also extremely self aware.

This is what I was coming to post. ((Hugs to both of us and them))

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jul 11 2017, 8:46 am
Lets keep this alive. After a very strenuous time between us during end of school, she still called me to say hi on first Friday of sleep away camp!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 11 2017, 11:27 am
DD had been looking forward to playing laser tag with her friends for weeks. She organized the whole trip and had it all coordinated. Some of her friends couldn't afford it, so she took on extra chores at home to pay for them.

When they got to the mall, a few other friends didn't have enough money either. Instead of letting them wait on the benches, DD cancelled the whole thing. She said that if everyone couldn't play, then she didn't want to. She got everyone together and they walked around, had treats, and looked in the stores instead.

She has the biggest heart of anyone I've ever known, and can't stand to see anyone hurt or embarrassed.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jul 11 2017, 11:49 am
So sensitive.
Recently after a very exhausting week, I tried putting both kids to nap So I can nap too on erev shabbos.
She was so talking non-stop. At some point I interrupted her and I litterally begged her to please go to sleep so that I can still catch some zzzs before the baby wakes up. I was falling apart.
She looked me in the eye and so gently told me "ok mommy, good night"
She was only 3. I was desperate for sleep and she was waaay to young to get the concept of "letting me go to sleep" or so I thought.
I'll never forget that gentle sweetness of her giving up her mommy time for her mommy. It warmed my heart and brought me to tears.

She's the kind of kid who wants her cookies NOW and her ices NOW. Impulsive. And has a really high piched voice and loves yelling random noise for fun or do a screaminf match with her sister. For fun....
And sensory seeking.
Normal, healthy (some adhd traits) and very challanging kid.

Also, she is very sharing and caring.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jul 11 2017, 12:07 pm
He has a huge and warm, sensitive heart!

exhausted

Post Tue, Jul 11 2017, 2:33 pm
He comes over to me and gives hugs at random times.

rachelbg

Post Wed, Jul 12 2017, 1:11 am
She shares so nicely with her siblings, better than any of them!
She's also so creative and passionate.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Jul 12 2017, 8:26 pm
My very challenging 6 year old made a "sticker" for me today that says "I love you" with 2 hearts on it. I melted from it. We've had a really difficult few weeks with her so it almost made me cry.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Jul 14 2017, 7:13 pm
I visited her in camp. She hugged me when she met is at camp! I asked a glass of water. She ignored. Later I insisted (althought I had my water hidden in car) and she brought water plus kugel and ferfel from her lunch room and plates and plastic cutlery wow!!!! There was another issue, a very crazy one but this place is just to count the blessings! !! A gut shabbes!!

amother
Red

Post Mon, Nov 06 2017, 7:59 pm
I have to revive this thread. My 11 year old made it through the night in his underwear, dry, for the first time ever.
This is a child who was perfectly happy sleeping in a soaking wet pull up. Had no shame about it. Told me that maybe he would try getting out of his pull-ups after bar mitzvah.
All of the sudden last night he tells me he's going to sleep in his underwear. I was so sure I'd be throwing out his mattress this morning. Nope. Amazing.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)