Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Am I the only one who grills every night for supper?
Previous  1  2

amother
cornflower

Post Sat, Jul 15 2017, 7:58 pm
amother wrote:
Oil is not unhealthy. Fat is not unhealthy. Time for a paradigm shift, people. What you have been told for 40 years (and doctors still believe) is WRONG. The obesity epidemic started when Americans were told to give up their bacon 'n eggs for breakfast and eat low-fat muffins, instead.

NO.

The paradigm shift is that although fat plus carbohydrates is fattening (and that still hasn't changed according to anyone), a high fat, low carb diet is not.

If the fried chicken is going to be eaten together with potatoes then it IS still considered unhealthy for weight control.

Low fat is also still considered a very effective way to lose weight though seems can be slower going in certain cases and can also sometimes cause other health issues such as gallstones. Do you honestly believe that someone on a very low fat diet will turn obese though?

Raisin

Post Sat, Jul 15 2017, 8:06 pm
I don't bbq on an outside grill but I cook a lot using a grill pan or frying pan exactly the sort of food you would make on a bbq - chicken breast, burgers, sasages, pargiot. Not salmon, I do that in the oven. I can't see why would be easier to do on a gas bbq. (a charcoal bbq is for sure more difficult)

Simple1

Post Sat, Jul 15 2017, 11:58 pm
I wouldn't bbq daily because of the health risks with charred meat, as previous posters said.

Reesa

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 12:19 am
Is it less dangerous to bbq on a gas grill than a charcoal one?

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 12:27 am
Reesa wrote:
Is it less dangerous to bbq on a gas grill than a charcoal one?

Yes. But the issue is when there are flare ups which causes carcinoma. If your gas grill does not have flare ups you are good. Charcoal grills usually have flare ups and the flames hit the meat... that's bad for you

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 12:54 am
Bsimcha wrote:
I assume that you know that there are places that don't get snow AND some women on this site actually live in those places!!!

True. But happens to be in this case my neighbour and I live in Toronto.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 1:02 am
amother wrote:
Do you honestly believe that someone on a very low fat diet will turn obese though?

Not that poster... but if you ingest way more calories from carbohydrates than your body needs, you will turn obese, unless you burn them off with exercise.

happinessseeker

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 1:38 am
Raisin wrote:
I don't bbq on an outside grill but I cook a lot using a grill pan or frying pan exactly the sort of food you would make on a bbq - chicken breast, burgers, sasages, pargiot. Not salmon, I do that in the oven. I can't see why would be easier to do on a gas bbq. (a charcoal bbq is for sure more difficult)

How do you make it so that there's not so much smoke? And do you use oil or spray? Sorry on tangent here!

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 2:57 am
We have friends who shovel a path to the grill on their deck in the winter. If you like it and it's easy clean up, then why not?

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 8:11 am
You can find unhealthiness in everything fruits and vegetables are coated and sprayed - grilling is by far better than frying or baking and cooking meats in their fat sauces

Aylat

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 8:11 am
amother wrote:
Hi! I work full time, and it's hot and yucky.... By the time I get home I'm not in the mood to cook. EVERY DAY I just grill either hamburgers chicken burgers, chicken, hotdogs, or everything.. Just curious am I the only one that does this?

As far as I'm concerned, grilling is cooking. You're doing fine OP!

Simple1

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 8:19 am
amother wrote:
You can find unhealthiness in everything fruits and vegetables are coated and sprayed - grilling is by far better than frying or baking and cooking meats in their fat sauces

Yes, you can find problems with everthing. And that's why I try for variety so we don't get too much harmful stuff from one type of food.

And op, I'm totally with you on wanting easy suppers. I just use other shortcuts.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics