Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dental x-rays

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 6:02 am
My daughter is almost 8 and has never had dental x-rays. The last time we went to the dentist, he wanted to take x-rays of my daughter's teeth for the first time. I asked him if he saw any reason to take x-rays and he said that she's getting older and he wants to know what's going on in her mouth. I told him no, that I wasnt comfortable with him taking x-rays so he agreed to take them next time we came. She is scheduled for an appointment in a few weeks and I know he's probably going to be adamant about taking x-rays this time. I am going to call our pediatrician first to make sure she can start getting x-rays at her age. Has anyone had there kids get dental x-rays this young? I just don't like the idea of her getting unessasary x-rays if it can be avoided.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 7:31 am
Yes, starting from age 5.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 7:34 am
Make sure they are digital, and not traditional. Switch dentists if need be.

myname1

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 9:14 am
I'm pretty sure I never had a dental x-ray. I remember a few times my mother discussing it with the dentist when I was 12/13/14, and she always said she didn't want. I never asked her or the dentist for more info, so that's all I know.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics