Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
NJ Family leave to bond with child - payment question

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 10:42 am
I only took 10 days of my family leave (includes a weekend) a few months ago and only got paid for 3 of the days.
I called the help line to find out why I never got the rest and was told there is a 7 day wait period and you only get paid for the first 7 days after taking 3 full weeks.

Can that be correct? I'm trying to understand. I'm taking the least that I need to help out my boss\work but in the end I'm losing out a lot of money. Is there anything to contest here or is that just how it works? I really was counting on that money.
It doesn't make sense for me to take off the rest because I get much less than my salary and still get docked for all my deductions (health, etc).

gibberish

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 11:10 am
That's how it works unless you take it directly after your disability leave and the reason is to bond with a child. I think the way around it is if you take off for the other reason, to care of a sick child, then there is only a 7 day waiting period.

It's silly that that's the way the law is written, since it encourages employees to take more time off.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 3:02 pm
So you have to take 3 full weeks off and then you get the first 7 dAys as well?
I am thinking about doing it over yomim Tovim.

Anyone else have more experience with this ?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics