Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
9 month old with torticollis

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jul 11 2017, 4:10 pm
My 9 month old with torticollis, was approved for pt through ei, service coordinator told me it might take till the end of the summer till she gets a pt for him. Anything else besides pt for it?

cnc

Post Tue, Jul 11 2017, 4:27 pm
Check with your insurance if they cover PT. Mine did and I went through insurance when my child had torticollis.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jul 11 2017, 4:38 pm
You should be doing stretches meanwhile. Ask your pediatrician to demonstrate if you haven't been taught yet.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jul 11 2017, 5:02 pm
The main goal of PT would be to teach you stretches that YOU can do with him every day. Nothing magic will happen just because he is on PT. Look around online for info and demos so you can start doing them while you wait.

One good thing is to hold the baby facing out, with him back to you. Have the tight side of his neck lying in your cubital fossa (elbow bend) so it is naturally being stretched. Walk around like this at home for several minutes at a time a few times a day.

Does he move around by himself yet? If not, put him on the side of the room with his tight side near all the action so he has to turn to see it or to get toys etc.

Hatzlacha.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Jul 13 2017, 3:28 pm
Ask your pediatrician for stretches.

Make sure when you place him on the floor or in the crib, that there is a wall near the side he usually turns his head to, and the toys (or the room) are on the other side. If he's mobile, this may not help too much.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Jul 14 2017, 9:36 am
A chiropractor can also help

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 4:13 pm
I had 2 children with torticollis and Dr Tabick in brooklyn helped them in a couple of weeks.
718 745-8177
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics