Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Iso: backpacks that teens are wearing

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 10:48 am
My 7th grade daughter has a need to look good and have the right stuff. I dont mind since she has a lot of great qualities and is mature beyond her years. I want to surprise her with a new school bag for this year, but I for one am clueless of which backpacks the girls are wearing and what styles are in. I do not need brand names but something cute and nice. Any ideas of what girls are using in the tristate area. (brooklyn, lakewood etc)

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 11:32 am
She's 7th grade and mature. Don't buy without her. Or get a returnable.

ramateshkolmom

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 12:07 pm
Herschel bags are in trend now.
https://www.amazon.com/Hersche.....kpack

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 4:36 pm
$60 for a backpack??!!

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 5:00 pm
Yup, Herschel is on trend. The vintage "satchel" look is also very in.
My teen has this one https://www.venque.ca/collecti.....-grey
It was a special gift and looks brand new after a year of heavy use. It will probably last her through high school.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 5:42 pm
amother wrote:
$60 for a backpack??!!

You can get a cute Jansport for $40 and it's got a lifetime guaranty. But there are communities where this type of conformity is very important. Think about it. What happens when it shidduch time and someone asks what kind of a backpack your DD carried I think if you mention Jansport your DDs chances are out the window, even though Jews founded Jansport (maybe not your kind of Jews, but Jews none the less).

sequoia

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 5:44 pm
amother wrote:
Yup, Herschel is on trend. The vintage "satchel" look is also very in.
My teen has this one https://www.venque.ca/collecti.....-grey
It was a special gift and looks brand new after a year of heavy use. It will probably last her through high school.

That is gorgeous. Wish I were back at school Wink

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 5:50 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
You can get a cute Jansport for $40 and it's got a lifetime guaranty. But there are communities where this type of conformity is very important. Think about it. What happens when it shidduch time and someone asks what kind of a backpack your DD carried I think if you mention Jansport your DDs chances are out the window, even though Jews founded Jansport (maybe not your kind of Jews, but Jews none the less).

I read this, was hoping dearly it was satire but was afraid it was honest, until I saw your screen name. Good one! Very Happy

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 5:53 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
I read this, was hoping dearly it was satire but was afraid it was honest, until I saw your screen name. Good one! Very Happy

Jon Stewart need me LOL

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 5:54 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:

Teens the world over have a need to belong and be "in style". The non-Jewish teens (and many adults) in my neighborhood all are sporting Herschel and Fjallraven backpacks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children