Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Fire safety issue, want to create a campaign
Previous  1  2

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 5:16 pm
I guess the local fire dept. would be a good source for this sort of info/feedback.

Anyone up for making such calls and posting the outcome?

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 5:17 pm
Kumphort wrote:
Before starting a campaign do more research to see if these are really life saving devices. When I was considering purchasing one after reading review etc I decided against if.

Some issues people raised
The ladders are one time use only so you can't even practice with them

I think there was concerns about people having to look for the ladders of waste too much time setting them up etc it seemed like the best idea was to teach your kids to go to a window and lean out and call for help etc.

Curious, if cost wasn't a factor, would you do as thorough a research? (The purpose of offering these without charge is so that families can have this extra safety measure without having to worry about the cost)
Another question: If cost wasn't a factor, would you be happy to have them in your home if someone gave them to you as a gift?

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 5:19 pm
amother wrote:
I've thought about this dilemma. Don't yet have an idea as to a type of escape ladder that would allow for safe removal of a mother with more than one little one who is unable to use a ladder.

Call your fire dept. They can give you tips and tell you how to plan your family fire drills.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 5:23 pm
Kumphort wrote:
Some issues people raised
The ladders are one time use only so you can't even practice with them

When I lived in a two story and purchased escape ladders they were not single use. There are a number of good ladders available on Amazon or ask your local FD to show you some options.

With regards to family fire drills, remember they change as your children's physical abilities change.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 11:40 pm
Very important to practice with the kids like a fire drill

animeme

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 7:25 am
We have one ladder, and keep it in the closet of the bedroom with the best window for using it. When we got it, we tested it to see if it fit well on the window. That closet is also where I store my baby carrier, because I figure if I'm climbing down, I'm going to need to wear any kid that fits in it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics