Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How do you choose a new mattress and which are good?

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 4:12 pm
There are so many mattress brands and options that its overwhelming. How did you choose a mattress, what did you look for, which brand and model did you get, and where did you buy yours?

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 4:21 pm
Where are you located?

studying_torah

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 4:25 pm
You must try a lot of mattresses to see what type you like.
All memory foam? Part spring, part foam- natural latex or immitation? Pillow top? Just springs? Air pockets? Soft,medium, firm, a mixture, adjustable or not.
What , if any, sleep or pain concerns do you have? What position do you sleep best in? Where do you live- I am sure diff types are available in diff locations.
There are so many types from basic to luxury, what works for 1 person won't suit another.
There are basics like stearns & foster, beautyrest, beautyrest black, macy's own line, charles p rogers, sleep number, plus all the online new ones.
After you try it in the store (yes lie down on it) , ask about a trial period at home, return fees, restocking fees, etc.

singleagain

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 4:29 pm
for who is this mattress? make sure that person is there... different people need different firmness... for instance, I typically sleep on a mattress topper, and when I slept without it one night on a very firm mattress my back was in so much pain the next day.

go to a store that sells only mattresses, no other furniture, bc they will be able to help you figure out how firm or soft is best for you.

most mattress stores have these cool machines you lay on and they scan you and tell you what a good firm level is.

I would also seriously consider each person in their own bed, bc a good nights sleep can make all the difference in the world... and the right mattress can make all the difference in your sleep

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 8:27 pm
Which brands do you recommend and which bedding stores in Brooklyn or online?

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 10:04 pm
Go to sleep tight. Very happy with what I got from them

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 11:52 am
amother wrote:
Which brands do you recommend and which bedding stores in Brooklyn or online?

Sleeptight. Hands down.
They are such "mentchen".
This is an example of how amazing customer service pays off because I keep recommending them.
They are not trying to sell you the most expensive, they are trying to sell the best product for you.
Also, their pricing is really good!
When buying a mattress, make sure to try it out. You can see plush vs firm etc.

Hatzlacha!

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 8:10 pm
Which brands are good quality for mattresses? Are Sealys good?

nicole81

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 8:14 pm
amother wrote:
Which brands are good quality for mattresses? Are Sealys good?

Sealys is a well known brand but what's best comes down to way more than the brand.

Sleepys is a great place to test out different mattresses. I personally love our tempurpedics and the warranty they came with.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 11:32 pm
I hear Costco has very good ones great prices

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Jul 21 2017, 7:12 am
nicole81 wrote:
Sealys is a well known brand but what's best comes down to way more than the brand.

Sleepys is a great place to test out different mattresses. I personally love our tempurpedics and the warranty they came with.

Someone else told me about this brand, but it's really expensive- seems like 1700-4500 a mattress? Is it worth it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics