Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Why is sinas chinam so bad? Connection to beis hamikdash?
Previous  1  2

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 3:07 pm
Op here. There is tremendous chessed in our communities.
The challenge, for me at least, is in our personal lives. Being nice to that person who annoys/aggravates you, the one you feel is just obnoxious. Our job is to dislike their actions but not the person.
I was thinking, inspired by beige another, that by the creation of man it says Hashem blew in "ruach Elokim" (I could be wrong, will look it up later.) Holiness isn't limited only the bhm"k, but in each and every person. If we don't see that, we are missing the point.
Still anon because few people on here know I am speaking about this, dont want to give away my sn.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 3:26 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you beige!!
I never thought of that, the connection between Shlomo and peace. Shleimus- being complete is when we create harmony. Hashem created the world, we have to perfect it by bringing shalom into the world.
Thank you.
Do you know where you learned that from?

The Artscroll Shir Hashirim translate Hamelech Shlomo as, the King to Whom is peace, IIRC.
I can't quote chapter or verse but I've learned as beige has.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 3:35 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you beige!!
I never thought of that, the connection between Shlomo and peace. Shleimus- being complete is when we create harmony. Hashem created the world, we have to perfect it by bringing shalom into the world.
Do you know where you learned that from?

Un fortunately no I'm not good with names of people or books. .But I'm not deep enough to have made up such a chiddush myself so it must be from somewhere "real".

JEMI

Post Fri, Jul 21 2017, 7:21 am
I just saw a shiur by Rav Ofer Erez about the deeper connections between sinat chinam, and the destruction of the temple, and why we're still stuck in galut, that completely blew me away, and has changed the way I think and look at people who aren't exactly the 'same' as me, Jewishly.

You can see the shiur here:

It's in Hebrew, with full English subtitles and for once, there is no exaggeration to say that this shiur is a complete game-changer.

If you don't have time to view the whole thing (it's about an hour) then you can also read a clear transcription of what he says here:

http://www.emunaroma.com/blog/.....-sins (scroll down to the bottom of the page)

or here:

http://ravberland.com/download.....erez/

Mamash, I read this and I suddenly understood how I'm holding up the geula, in my own dalet amos, with all my 'sinat chinam' stuff that I didn't even realise was sinat chinam until I heard this.

Rivka
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note