Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
First grade son always 'leaks' in his pants

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 10:46 am
My son always comes home and his underwear is little wet, if he wears light pants u can see he is wet.
Please help me what should I do?

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 12:43 pm
My son had this on and off for a few years. One thing I found is that if he got enough sleep it improved. He needs a lot of sleep and wasn't getting enough at the time.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 1:13 pm
A trampoline helped us with this issue. We got a small one per an OT's recommendation and 6 months later we see tremendous improvement.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 4:08 pm
amother wrote:
A trampoline helped us with this issue. We got a small one per an OT's recommendation and 6 months later we see tremendous improvement.

How long did he jump for and daily? Also did you tell your child what it's for?

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 9:26 pm
My son has this problem too, how does a trampoline help with this?

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 10:04 pm
amother wrote:
My son has this problem too, how does a trampoline help with this?

Have you ever gone one a carnival ride that makes you feel like you're going to pee your pants? I know roller coasters have that effect on me. embarrassed

The up and down movement makes you tighten up the muscles around your bladder, so you can hold it in better.

Now that I'm post menopausal, I should probably get a small trampoline for myself! In my case, getting older is not helping the situation. Confused

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 10:13 pm
amother wrote:
How long did he jump for and daily? Also did you tell your child what it's for?

My children were thrilled about the new toy! We purchased a small, 3 ft trampoline so we can keep indoors and they can use it in any weather. He uses it everyday and can jump for a long time. We just told our children that we got a new toy; no need to say anything else. We encourage all of our children to use it. I have found that it's a great physical outlet and have seen many other benefits with our other children as well. It did take a few months for it to help with leakage. The improvement was slow but I was able to look back and see how much he improved.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 10:18 pm
My DD is a very physical learner. She learned to count to 100 by jumping on an old crib mattress I put on the floor. She couldn't count at all if she was standing still, but by jumping she could count perfectly! Then I taught her how to raise up on her toes a bit to get the same feeling, so she could do it in the classroom.

The teacher was amazed that one day DD couldn't do it, and the next day she could. DD learns like crazy if I keep her physically active, but as soon as she sits down it's like her brain switches off.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 10:27 pm
not hijacking over here, but FF thank you SO much for your post!!!

My child is SO like that, physical, and struggling academically. You have just given me a great idea on how to help! We have a trampoline, I'm gonna try to do sight words while jumping! ty!

Maryann

Post Fri, Jul 21 2017, 8:01 am
Great idea... But my kids get so bored on the trampoline, how do ur kids not get bored?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children