Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I just can't it. this was the last straw
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Jul 21 2017, 1:56 pm
amother wrote:
I have not mentioned yet but my boss is gorgeous too! I know u wont beleive me but she is and I don't have one ounce of jealously towards her! I love her and respect her and think she's awesome. she IS. she is fair and treats me with a brain in my head. u see, I'm not obsessed with only external things

yup I am surrounded by beauty. it is a plastic surgeon's office.

Ah it's a plastic surgeons office. That explains why it's so toxic for both you and your attractive coworker. I do think that though you would like to think it's all her it does sound like you have unresolved childhood issues to work through.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Jul 21 2017, 3:05 pm
I will not dispute that I def do have u resolved childhood issues.

BUT, despite it being a plastic surgeons office we see mostly non cosmetic pts. Ie moles, cysts , breast reconstruction.

So it is really not that kind of office.
Boring stuff

oliveoil

Post Fri, Jul 21 2017, 3:40 pm
Whether or not this is the right place for you work-wise, you clearly have some deep, long-held body image obsessions that are affecting your day-to-day functioning. That is somethign worth exploring with a therapist regardless of whether you continue to work there or find a job where you can have some more autonomy and upward mobility.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jul 21 2017, 5:06 pm
Some therapy, maybe free from a ima here? But keep searching for a job quietly but more agressively. Some people don't teach or give you more work as a job security for them and it's super annoying. Hashem is the one that holds her job there and not her smart tactics. In America almost every hospital's website has a link to their job offerings and those give medical insurance too. How much is a boob reduction and lift in your country? My friends all know it's my go to surgery if I get a little rich. Meanwhile I do underwires. They laught but I'm serious that I wish. If you are a bigger cup and feel the way you feel, you deserve the treat. Im only a 34 DD which is not too bad with underwires but id love to fix. I can feel your issue. I have an idea: before you hand them the notice that you have a new job have them do your reduction and lift at discount price. Then a s day later hand them the notice. Sounds good? Insert here a devil icon.

amother
Copper

Post Sat, Jul 22 2017, 11:23 pm
I worked with an absolutely gorgeous girl a few years ago. she got hired a couple years after me and immediately got promoted above me. She was so shallow, so thoughtless and so SOOOO annoying (she expected people to cover for her, she wanted people to give her their work etc). But she knew to make a good show to the admin, and so many of us coworkers were left knowing her weaknesses, but essentially risked looking very petty and jealous if we ever spoke out on it. I don't even know how to explain it, you just knew that ever complaining about her would not go over well.

I don't work there any more. I work at another school and funnily enough, I work with a young woman who is probably as gorgeous and glamorous as that other girl. And yet I am so fond of her, I think she's funny and kind and a dream to work with. Now that I don't work with this other girl, I see her model perfect pictures on social media, and instead of feeling resentful, I just shake my head... now that she's not affecting my life negatively, I can see clearly how I never really felt jealous of her looks.

I don't think you're really jealous of this woman. If she were pleasant, kind, thoughtful or at all decent to work with, you would not be jealous at all. You might admire her looks, maybe occasionally wish you had the time/money/youth to do the grooming she does, but you would like her anyway.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 7:06 am
AS I stated in one post, my boss is even more beautiful than my co - worker, but I have zero negative feelings towards her. I respect her and look up to her in so many ways.
The ONE thing I am very disappointed about her is that she agreed to perform this 'tummy tuck' for My coworker. Btw I stumbled on this info by mistake; my 'friend' didn't say anything about it. And my boss ethically would never talk to me about it (and I wouldn't expect her to).
Now that Im reading more about narcissistic behavior it's all falling into place for me.

Are there various degrees of being a narcissist??

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 8:40 am
amother wrote:
Are there various degrees of being a narcissist??

There are 6 types of narccisists.
There's a therapist who specializes in narccisisism. Her website has a test for children who grew up with narssicistic parents but you can find some valuable info there for yourself too. (And May be your father was a bit of that too Wink)

http://www.reclaimingyourself.......html
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics