Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Someone thought I was pregnant!!!!:(
Previous  1  2

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 8:06 pm
amother wrote:
Don't know if this makes you feel any better but was underweight when people assumed that I was pregnant. Doesn't necessarily have to do with your weight- could have to do with your posture, muscle strength or outfit. It hurts especially when you WANT to be pregnant but aren't.

Why do people have to comment and assume when there's so many public service annoIncrements all over the internet saying not to?! I just don't understand why this person had to say anything. It makes me think I must look very pregnant for her to be so confident in her assumption Sad I was literally crying when I got to my car after

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 11:43 pm
You are being too sensitive that you cried over it. Vented on her about if. And still can't get over it. Sorry to be blunt but you need to get some thicker skin. It was a dumb comment. She should not have said it. But you really need to get over it.

Iymnok

Post Fri, Jul 21 2017, 4:41 am
amother wrote:
You are being too sensitive that you cried over it. Vented on her about if. And still can't get over it. Sorry to be blunt but you need to get some thicker skin. It was a dumb comment. She should not have said it. But you really need to get over it.

No she doesn't.
She is trying (successfully) to lose weight pp and an insensitive lady decided to make a rude hurtful comment on something that is not her business.
Op gas every right to feel hurt.
But this lady needs to be told to control her mouth and not comment on a woman's body other than "you look great!".

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Jul 21 2017, 6:47 am
Iymnok wrote:
No she doesn't.
She is trying (successfully) to lose weight pp and an insensitive lady decided to make a rude hurtful comment on something that is not her business.
Op gas every right to feel hurt.
But this lady needs to be told to control her mouth and not comment on a woman's body other than "you look great!".

Thanks for this. The previous amothers comment wasn't helpful. Maybe she's not as sensitive to me or hasn't been in my shoes. This comment was validating and yes I'll get over it and move on but yes also upset. I agree never comment other than u look great, or nice shoes!

cinnabuns

Post Fri, Jul 21 2017, 7:53 pm
Can relate all too well...
I actually discovered I have something called diastic recti (not sure of spelling) and it makes me have the mama pouch.. nothing to do with weight gain or loss.

I'd be upset too, sounds like the woman needs a lesson in social skills..

WastingTime

Post Sat, Jul 22 2017, 4:07 pm
[quote="amother"]I know and I know she was just being stupid and probably felt dumb after (she should have anyway) but I still feel bad bc I guess that means I look pregnant/ and now I'm worried other ppl who know better than to say anything think I'm pregnant as well[/quote

Maybe this is a good opportunity to work on self esteem. There will always be ignorant and mean ppl out there in the world. There will always be people who say hurtful things, whether rightful or not. The only thing you can do is build up a way of not letting it penetrate. Doing a lot of crunches in order to avoid getting another comment might make your stomach flatter, but it will not help the next situation in life where you are potentially hurt. Maybe have a good friend do some role playing with you or something where you can manage a nasty comment without taking it to heart. I am not saying its simple, I have been insulted in my life time too, but I think it will help you out in life in general.

Hatzlacha!

asmileaday

Post Sat, Jul 22 2017, 9:42 pm
I can't for the life of mine imagine why anyone would comment on a person's pregnancy status if you didn't hear from said person or other close family that they are pregnant.

You.just.don't.do.that.

My youngest is 7 and I've put on weight in the last few years (I have to work on it I know...).

I've gotten comments here and there, oh you're pregnant? NO I'M NOT. I always answer with a huge smile "just fat". But it's soooo annoying.

Some people just don't have social skills.

amother
Wine

Post Sat, Jul 22 2017, 9:51 pm
[quote="WastingTime"]
amother wrote:
I know and I know she was just being stupid and probably felt dumb after (she should have anyway) but I still feel bad bc I guess that means I look pregnant/ and now I'm worried other ppl who know better than to say anything think I'm pregnant as well[/quote

Maybe this is a good opportunity to work on self esteem. There will always be ignorant and mean ppl out there in the world. There will always be people who say hurtful things, whether rightful or not. The only thing you can do is build up a way of not letting it penetrate. Doing a lot of crunches in order to avoid getting another comment might make your stomach flatter, but it will not help the next situation in life where you are potentially hurt. Maybe have a good friend do some role playing with you or something where you can manage a nasty comment without taking it to heart. I am not saying its simple, I have been insulted in my life time too, but I think it will help you out in life in general.

Hatzlacha!

Wasting time said it much nicer than the other amother but I agree it does sound like you reacted really strongly to this lady's stupid comment. And trust me I know how hard it can be to lose the baby weight. Instead of assuming everyone sees you as fat just assume this one lady is a bit obtuse.

amother
Violet

Post Sat, Jul 22 2017, 9:53 pm
The person didn't know her. Didn't know she recently had a baby. Shouldn't have commented but who even know she could have been not 100%. That's why OP should moved passed this dumb comment.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 7:48 am
The first time this happened to me I cried too. Now it just happens so often. If I cried every time, I'd be out of tears...

I'm really working on just trying to be happy and confident with myself... I've stopped dieting and instead am "healthy eating"

Yes, I eat bananas Ns avocados and yes, I'm not losing pounds on the scale but I feel better about myself than when I did a sugar free style diet eating Splenda etc...

I try to follow the quote "eat like you love your body, not like you hate it"

I also recommend looking into diastasis recti.

I hope you don't mind the unsolicited advice, but I've been in the same situation as you and wanted to offer what helped Me.

Good luck ❤️❤️❤️

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 12:42 pm
I'm really sorry for what you had to go through. It must have really hurt. It's a normal thing for women not to lose all their weight right away after having a baby. You are doing so well that you've already lost a nice amount. Some people just don't have a filter and don't use their heads before opening their mouths. There are insensitive people in the world and you along with me need to learn to not to care what people think. It's really hard.
amother wrote:
Why do people have to comment and assume when there's so many public service annoIncrements all over the internet saying not to?! I just don't understand why this person had to say anything. It makes me think I must look very pregnant for her to be so confident in her assumption Sad I was literally crying when I got to my car after
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise