Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Vacation at Hunter mountain?

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Jul 22 2017, 10:01 pm
Has anyone ever vacationed at Hunter mountain and spent a Shabbos? We are very interested in the hiking and outdoor venues and would like to stay through Shabbos if possible. Any Hotels in eruv near shul? Suggested activities or hiking trails?

Any information would be a great help!
thank you!

Mothers

Post Sat, Jul 22 2017, 11:52 pm
What's your level of hiking/fitness? Two suggestions that are not too difficult, but offer nice views/scenery are Boulder Rock (from North-South Lake State Campground) and Kaaterskill Falls (from trailhead on Rt.23A). If you're more adventurous and in good shape, you can do more of the Escarpment Trail (from North-South Lake State Campground).

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 4:39 am
Mothers wrote:
What's your level of hiking/fitness? Two suggestions that are not too difficult, but offer nice views/scenery are Boulder Rock (from North-South Lake State Campground) and Kaaterskill Falls (from trailhead on Rt.23A). If you're more adventurous and in good shape, you can do more of the Escarpment Trail (from North-South Lake State Campground).

My dh and I are pretty good hikers and are children are ages 8-11, They have experience with long walks and have hiked up Bear mountain with us in the past. Which trail has the most scenery and you can view mountains and such?
Also any recommendations on accomodations? Can we stay for a shabbos?

Thank you so much!

happy12

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 5:09 am
Kayaking on North lake-South lake is great. They also have canoeing.
Rentals are by the day. If you want double kayaks come earlier in the day

ssspectacular

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 6:01 am
There is a new place called Greene Mountain Inn. I can find more info if you want.
The area is beautiful and it's near Tannersville which has kkosher food.....

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 8:05 am
Yes! There is a kosher store called country k that has places to stay for shabbos. google "country k tannersville, ny" and call them. I think they cater as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries