Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Wisk Detergent Discontinued
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 7:17 pm
crust wrote:
Yes. That's what I meant.
If I would do this in my house, (stuck Wisk in all the little spaces), I think I wouldn't need to invest in detergent alltogether....Everything would've been presoaked. LOL

As long as they are lined up upright on the floor of the closets we'll be fine... Wishful thinking though, no more available. Wink

JoyInTheMorning

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 9:41 pm
I tried Persil detergent because it was on sale and cheaper than Tide. But I hated it; it has a medicinal smell that lingers on clothing for a long time.

I liked Wisk but not as much as Tide. If I have clothes that could fade, I use Woolite.

For those who have sensitive skin, I recommend Dreft, which is very expensive, but is a great all-around detergent that takes out all urine and sweat stains and smells, and rinses well, with no residue. A lot of crunchy types that I know make their own washing soap -- using bar soap, washing soda, and Borax -- and say that it is very economical, works well, and is good for kids with sensitive skin.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 9:44 pm
I switched over from tide to gain a while ago and been happy so far. Definitely less harsh, and smells really good (I use original).

crust

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 9:51 pm
ra_mom wrote:
As long as they are lined up upright on the floor of the closets we'll be fine...

Has it occured to you that Wisk is blue and can be used to create a swimming pool right there, on the closet floor? LOL LOL LOL

In any case, please keep us posted. I wonder which detergent you'll settle for. Thanks.

Butterfly

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 6:08 pm
Ra-mom which detergent did you end up using instead of wisk?

Which detergents do you use for the dark loads so colors don't fade?

TIA

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 6:43 pm
Butterfly wrote:
Ra-mom which detergent did you end up using instead of wisk?

Which detergents do you use for the dark loads so colors don't fade?

TIA

I've tried a few different detergents and have been using Persil for a while now.
Every time I pour from the bottle, I still get a shock from the scent. But it washes like Wisk. And once the clothes dry (dryer or hang dry) the scent is ok and my family still prefers this scent on their fresh clothes over the others we've tried.

Butterfly

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 7:20 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I've tried a few different detergents and have been using Persil for a while now.
Every time I pour from the bottle, I still get a shock from the scent. But it washes like Wisk. And once the clothes dry (dryer or hang dry) the scent is ok and my family still prefers this scent on their fresh clothes over the others we've tried.

Thank you for responding. Smile

One more question; Do you use the Persil for white loads as well? If not, which detergent do you use for white loads? TIA

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 7:28 pm
Butterfly wrote:
Thank you for responding. Smile

One more question; Do you use the Persil for white loads as well? If not, which detergent do you use for white loads? TIA

Yes. Though I pre-treat, soak, use extra hot water.
It's very possible that if I washed the white shirts at home I might use Tide with bleach alternative for that.

MrsDash

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 12:06 am
Unfortunately, it looks like the word got out...

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 9:52 pm
FYI I've switched to another Persil scent called Intense Fresh and have been much happier.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics