Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Art work "issue"

Yael3

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 6:04 pm
My 4 year old loves to draw and color and I encourage this activity. Recently, she started hanging her drawings around the house. At first, it was sweet... She gets the tape from the drawer herself and hang her pictures. It's gotten a little crazy... She has her drawings EVERYWHERE... on the dining room walls, living room walls, kitchen walls, kitchen glass doors, basement walls... I would like to tell her that I love her art work and that she can hang whatever she'd like in one designated area like the playroom walls. She's sensitive and I don't want her to get the message that her work isn't valuable/beautiful. It was enough of an argument when I insisted she stop sticking stickers all over the house and use the sticker book I bought for her instead. I'm at a loss. Anyone experience this with successful solutions? Thanks!

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 6:08 pm
Buy a binder and a 3 hole punch (or two hole, if you live in Israel).

Let her decorate her "special art book" with stickers all she wants, and keep her work in there "so it doesn't get lost or ruined".

When grandma and grandpa visit, she can proudly show her new book to them, without having to lead a tour of the whole house!

You can even label the binders by grade, and put in all of her school work that got good grades. Then she can have a "brag book" as well.

I did this with DD, and she would spend hours going back and looking at all of her art and grades. It made her feel really special and brought her tons of happy memories.

Yael3

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 6:10 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Buy a binder and a 3 hole punch (or two hole, if you live in Israel).

Let her decorate her "special art book" with stickers all she wants, and keep her work in there "so it doesn't get lost or ruined".

When grandma and grandpa visit, she can proudly show her new book to them, without having to lead a tour of the whole house!

You can even label the binders by grade, and put in all of her school work that got good grades. Then she can have a "brag book" as well.

I did this with DD, and she would spend hours going back and looking at all of her art and grades. It made her feel really special and brought her tons of happy memories.

I LOVE this idea. Thanks!!

penguin

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 6:13 pm
Also 3D projects can be photographed & put into album rather than needing shelves upon shelves of craft projects.

greenfire

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 11:11 pm
I had a hard time taking my kiddies drawings down, so I can really relate

FranticFrummie's idea is great ... but I would still have one designated wall that she could hang new art & put the previous pictures in her special book

Ora in town

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:21 pm
Perhaps you could inaugurate an exhibition hall (her room).
I imagine it would be nice to put coloured paper as a background in one area on a wall...
(you do it together)
then you write invitations for the vernissage...
then you hang the pictures...
then daddy & brothers come for vernissage...
and you determine when the next exhibition will start...
and you designate a safe place for the pictures from last exhibition...
(you might also want to "buy" some pictures?)

Oh, and she can't hang them outside the exhibition place, because then they are not insured, and something might happen to them (get stolen, get damaged...)

sequoia

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:28 pm
Ora in town wrote:
I imagine it would be nice to put coloured paper as a background in one area on a wall...
(you do it together)

Oh, and she can't hang them outside the exhibition place, because then they are not insured, and something might happen to them (get stolen, get damaged...)

That’s an awesome idea!!!

amother
Denim

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:33 pm
Youre becoming such a great artist I have a surprise for you!!! I made you an art gallery wall!! This is your art display. You are in charge of curating it. And here is a box. You can decorate the box too. Keep drawings in the box when you take them off display. Just like the museaums do. Every week ima will take a picture of you in front of your gallery wall and share it the whole extended mishpacha. They will be happy and cheered to see it. And when you grow up you will have these pictures to remember how great of an artist you were when you were even 4yo.

cbg

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:38 pm
Maybe this can help
https://www.amazon.com/slp/ope.....7h6bb
But I like the art gallery idea

enneamom

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 3:40 pm
The kid must be 7 by now LOL

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 4:10 pm
Ora in town wrote:
(you do it together)

ora you seem to be answering a lot of old threads, from a few years ago. Maybe look at the stsrt date of a thread before answering. Im sure this poster figured it out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers