Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Nutrition, health and wellness jobs?

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Jul 21 2017, 3:14 pm
Please help... I'm desperately trying to find a work at home job for the last year and haven't found anything worth of trying.

Just a bit of background, I have a BA in Food & Nutrition and worked at a hospital as a nutritionist assistant. I'm not a registered dietitian so job opportunities are limited. I'm not going to even try to do the whole unpaid year of internship and exam to be registered, I gave up on that. Even though my profession isn't the best for opportunities (for those not registered), nutrition is still something that I'm passionate about. Basically anything nutrition, health or wellness is something that I love.

I did find stay at home jobs with health and wellness categories but just with MLM companies. This is something I do NOT want to start doing. I don't mind trying to sell products (even though I don't have experience, I'm willing to try), but I don't want to be with an MLM company. I'm also not the type of person that would hold parties in my home to sell stuff, but I wouldn't mind on the phone or online selling. If the products are really good, so I might want to start selling, but again, I rather not go with MLM companies. So are there any stay at home jobs without MLM companies?? any ideas what else I could look for? I'm getting depressed not being able to find anything this whole year!

EDIT: forgot to add that I also can't afford to start a big investment with a company.

TwinsMommy

Post Sat, Jul 22 2017, 11:33 pm
Isagenix? Not sure whether it's MLM or direct sales. I have a friend doing quite well with it--- there's a great kosher package. I'm a happy customer.

Melaleuca.... again, not sure if you can classify that as MLM or not. Again, happy customer. Great products.

Shaklee, same.

I know people with all 3 companies doing 6 figures without doing typical parties. I think with all 3 it's primarily online--- with Melaleuca it's a lot of signing people up for monthly membership and then backing off. With the other two it's more of a relationship marketing thing where you're in constant contact with your clients. Anyway, I've never been to a home party for any of those and I'm a customer of all 3.

Beachbody?

Could you get certified as a personal trainer? Not sure about liability issues of working people out in your home but if it's do-able insurance wise that could be fun.

I know someone locally who cooks and delivers healthy meals. She does it from her home kitchen so I don't know how she does that, legal wise---- I understood most food for sale in our state can't be cooked in a home kitchen but I dunno. If in your state you can, or you can rent out a synagogue's commercial kitchen and be work at home part of the time (marketing) and work at the kitchen part of the time that could be fun too.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 10:17 pm
Ok, so it's not just the MLM companies, it's also that I don't really believe in them, even if you or people that you know lose weight with it.

I don't believe in all the products that weight loss companies are selling. Some I wonder how safe they are. But I get it that they sell well since today people want to lose weight in a quick and easy way. I guess I'm old school because in college we were just taught to educate people about eating healthy and how food is related to diseases and how it's important to eat 6 small meals a day and not replace meals with a protein shake. But I get it that today many people are busy and don't have the time to cook and prepare salads and healthy meals each day. It gets tiring and you have to keep on making it healthy. But I still believe that a long term weight management is the solution (I don't know of many people that stayed with shakes for a long period of time and didn't go back to their bad eating habits).

Thanks for the suggestions, though. I've been looking at certifications online and I guess I could try to get certified (although being an RD is better) and hopefully become a health coach.

sleeplessnights

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 11:40 pm
Hi! I tried to DM you but you are private so I don't think I can. I think I may have something you would be interested in. Please DM me.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 1:19 am
[quote="sleeplessnights"]Hi! I tried to DM you but you are private so I don't think I can. I think I may have something you would be interested in. Please DM me.[/quot

Hi what have you got? Im qualified in nutrition and weight management and im so depressed . I have tried so many things nothings works. I spent 1000 of pounds ....

amother
White

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 1:29 am
amother wrote:
sleeplessnights wrote:
Hi! I tried to DM you but you are private so I don't think I can. I think I may have something you would be interested in. Please DM me.

Hi what have you got? Im qualified in nutrition and weight management and im so depressed . I have tried so many things nothings works. I spent 1000 of pounds ....

Be careful. sleeplessnights is promoting MLM
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....75128

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 8:33 am
Nutrition by Tanya hires people that aren't registered dieticians.. maybe you can work for her?
U never know, she may even want to open a branch in the UK!
(Disclaimer: I don't know Tanya. I don't follow her diet. I'm just trying to help OP. You've been posting for some time, and may Hashem bless you with Parnassa B'Revach very soon)

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 8:57 am
amother wrote:
Ok, so it's not just the MLM companies, it's also that I don't really believe in them, even if you or people that you know lose weight with it.

I don't believe in all the products that weight loss companies are selling. Some I wonder how safe they are. But I get it that they sell well since today people want to lose weight in a quick and easy way. I guess I'm old school because in college we were just taught to educate people about eating healthy and how food is related to diseases and how it's important to eat 6 small meals a day and not replace meals with a protein shake. But I get it that today many people are busy and don't have the time to cook and prepare salads and healthy meals each day. It gets tiring and you have to keep on making it healthy. But I still believe that a long term weight management is the solution (I don't know of many people that stayed with shakes for a long period of time and didn't go back to their bad eating habits).

Thanks for the suggestions, though. I've been looking at certifications online and I guess I could try to get certified (although being an RD is better) and hopefully become a health coach.

If you are into wellness, why do you only say you don't believe in the weight loss MLM. There are so many more types of things
Young living or Doterra essential oils
Arbonne
Lemongrass Spa products

Does your degree allow you to take private clients and council them on health and nutrition? Can you help create healing diets for kids with special needs? Can you become proficient in something like the SCD diet and hwlp people with Crohns?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers