Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I joined dietbet.com. So excited!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 9:39 pm
I always thought that money incentives would help me lose weight.

Have any of you ever joined dietbet.com?

I put down $50 that I'll lose 4% of my weight in a month. (5.6 lbs)

And I put down $125 that I'll lose 10% of my weight in 6 months! (14 lbs)

I'm so excited. This is the answer I've been looking for to help me stay motivated through Shabbos, traveling, eating out etc!

If I meet my goal I'll earn a few dollars!

And if I don't meet my goal, they keep my money and that's NOT happening!!!!

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 9:49 pm
How do you prove you lost the weight? Is this on an honor system or what?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 9:57 pm
They have a cool system.

Totally not foolproof I'd guess, but exactly what I need!!! https://www.dietbet.com/kickst.....works

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 10:36 pm
amother wrote:
They have a cool system.

Totally not foolproof I'd guess, but exactly what I need!!! https://www.dietbet.com/kickst.....works

It's not at all foolproof. A lot of home scales fluctuate wildly depending on which part of the floor they're on. The same scale can read even 7 lbs. differently on one side of the room vs. the other (slanted floor).

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 4:39 am
amother wrote:
It's not at all foolproof. A lot of home scales fluctuate wildly depending on which part of the floor they're on. The same scale can read even 7 lbs. differently on one side of the room vs. the other (slanted floor).

And you can hold a weight or two bags of flour at your initial weigh in!

Who cares?

I'm going to do this honestly and get back my money (hopefully plus more!) and it's going to be the motivation I need to get healthy and fit for the price of one or two consultations with a dietician!!!!!!!!

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 5:59 am
amother wrote:
And you can hold a weight or two bags of flour at your initial weigh in!

Who cares?

I'm going to do this honestly and get back my money (hopefully plus more!) and it's going to be the motivation I need to get healthy and fit for the price of one or two consultations with a dietician!!!!!!!!

Looks like an interesting idea. They do make it tough to cheat. But how do you wear "airport security attire" in a tznius way? I don't know how this would work for me because just regular diets and exercise don't work for me, but it does sound interesting.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 6:12 am
amother wrote:
Looks like an interesting idea. They do make it tough to cheat. But how do you wear "airport security attire" in a tznius way? I don't know how this would work for me because just regular diets and exercise don't work for me, but it does sound interesting.

I got approved and dressed totally tznius. Tichel, didn't bother with a wig. They mean that you shouldn't wear a coat or boots!!!

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 6:21 am
amother wrote:
I got approved and dressed totally tznius. Tichel, didn't bother with a wig. They mean that you shouldn't wear a coat or boots!!!

got it, I was a little nervous if they'd make big deal about a skirt and hiding something between your legs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise