Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Week old baby social smiling

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 3:10 pm
okay I'm sure many will think this is my imagination but I'm the mom of a few kids already and this is a first! My 7 day old baby smiles real true smiles directly at me in response to my smiling and cooing. She did it a few times already between yesterday and today. I'm in shock as I've never heard of something like this before. Have any of you?

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 3:17 pm
Nope, seven to twelve weeks here.
Enjoy her!

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 3:19 pm
One of my kids smiled the day he was born, the nurse saw it as proof. Another kid of mine smiled randomly after two weeks. It wasn't gas with either. But it was not in response to cooing.
She sounds so cute!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 3:20 pm
amother wrote:
okay I'm sure many will think this is my imagination but I'm the mom of a few kids already and this is a first! My 7 day old baby smiles real true smiles directly at me in response to my smiling and cooing. She did it a few times already between yesterday and today. I'm in shock as I've never heard of something like this before. Have any of you?

YES! At 10 days old, and no one believed me, but my husband was there and he saw it too. Without a doubt he was smiling away in response to our smiles and coos and this happened multiple times

yOungM0mmy

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 3:20 pm
Yes, my oldest did this for my grandmother at 10 days old, and she tried to dismiss it as her being so excited because he was her first great grandchild, but he did it consistently over the next few days and continued.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 3:22 pm
It's entirely possible, but not common.

At 24 hours old, DD picked up her head and looked around the room, tracking different faces! The nurses were all in shock. shock

They said "She's not supposed to be doing that yet." and I told them "Well, apparently she didn't get the memo." LOL

She also got her first teeth at 3.5 months. She started speaking in complete, grammatically correct sentences (paragraphs, actually) by the time she was 2.

My brother started walking at 7 months. Not cruising, but really walking around. My poor mom said "I thought I was going to get a break before I had to start running after him."

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 3:27 pm
Yes. My first baby did a lot of things he was too young to do. He was born at 42 weeks so I figured it had something to do with the extra "baking time".

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 3:28 pm
BTW, none of this means your child is a genius. Kids tend to even out by age 5.

petiteruchy

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 3:32 pm
My youngest was an incredibly alert baby. She was smiling and holding her head up and extremely calm and content from day one. If I could be guaranteed more like her I'd keep having them forever. Of course, she gave us a real run for our money as a toddler!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics