Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
What to do on a date in the mountains? Please advise asap

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 2:57 pm
my son is driving tomorrow to Montecello to take out a girl (third date). it's his first time driving himself there and he really is quite unfamiliar with the area. I do have very specific directions to get to her bungelow but wanted some ideas of what they can do there? or some place not too far.

ie. go out to eat? anything outdoors to do? any and all ideas will be appreciated.

it's only her second summer there so girl really doesn't know much about the area herself.

it would be nice if he had a plan, and know where to go ahead of time.

thanks!!!!!

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 4:14 pm
There's bowling in kiamesha lake if he would do that?

Also, there's are some nice restaurant if you want that.
There's a pottery painting place that we enjoyed in woodridge if that's of interest?

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 4:19 pm
Why about a nice boat ride weather permitted?

esther11

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 4:28 pm
If you go someplace like kiamesha bowling they will for sure bump people she knows, idk if that would bother her. People often end up driving to monsey for dates for this reason.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 4:39 pm
"Also, there's are some nice restaurant if you want that.
There's a pottery painting place that we enjoyed in woodridge if that's of interest?"

can u give me the name of restaurant and pottery place?

thanks

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 4:45 pm
amother wrote:
"Also, there's are some nice restaurant if you want that.
There's a pottery painting place that we enjoyed in woodridge if that's of interest?"

Can't remember the name but

can u give me the name of restaurant and pottery place?

thanks

I'm can't remember the pottery name. Maybe google pottery woodridge?

You have tspoons in south fallsburg.
There's also Citrus cafe in woodbourne town near the shul which I heard is great.

These places may be packed though I have no idea.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 5:03 pm
amother wrote:
Why about a nice boat ride weather permitted?

That would have been nice but 9 days....

I just have to give some viable suggestions. whether people will be around, I can't help that.

thanks for all your suggestions!!

imasoftov

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 6:24 pm
amother wrote:
That would have been nice but 9 days....!

What's the halachic issue with a boat ride? (unless one exits the boat at the wrong time ...)

cnc

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 6:25 pm
imasoftov wrote:
What's the halachic issue with a boat ride? (unless one exits the boat at the wrong time ...)

Not that poster, but people generally avoid activities that can possibly be dangerous.

country

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 8:24 pm
Go to Holiday Mountain its in monticello. They have miniature golf, go carts, bumper boats..
I was there a few times chances are they will not bump into anyone they know it's not someplace a group of ladies usually hang out. There are camps there sometimes. Any restaurant they go to locally will probably be pretty packed especially in 9 days people are bored and go out to eat. if they want food after there is a place in woodridge approx 10-15 minutes away from holiday mountain. Its called la chocolate its a dessert place its usually on the quieter side. There is also a la chocolate in woodbourne thats usually a zoo.

http://www.holidaymtn.com/

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 8:33 pm
The castle- mini golf, arcades, bumper cards. In Chester, about 30-45 min away from Woodridge. I went on a date there

Kumphort

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 8:44 pm
Pottery and glass land 9177441887

seeker

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 10:06 pm
The Castle is not a bad idea. Probably on the pricey side.
Anywhere more central to the bungalow/camp area would probably be very exposed; not sure where they're holding but I would never have been ready to have the whole world see who I'm with on a third date. A better idea might be to order takeout from the eatery of choice and find a scenic park/spot to eat in. There are many nice areas that are not too secluded but more out-of-the way. Like a camping/picnic area. Maybe Morningside Park? Neversink? I haven't done this in a while but there are lots of nice spots to just sit and eat and then walk around.

I don't remember what it was called but found it in a phone book, there was a small out-of-the-way pottery painting place a little farther out where we were the only ones there. Pottery and Glass Land is right in middle of a popular strip mall, I'd find that an uncomfortable place to date, though I guess you could call for details and see if you can find an off-peak time that could work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries