Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift needed for son's hosts (multiple stays)

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Apr 14 2009, 2:05 pm
I need a nice gift ($50 range) for a family (young, in chinuch, in their low 30's with 4 kids) that my son has stayed with multiple times (4 different occasions including over chol hamoed) during a shidduch.

What would you suggest? Thanks.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Apr 14 2009, 2:06 pm
I also want to add that they are close relatives of a relatives so I didn't send a small gift each time and prefer to send one nicer, larger one.

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 14 2009, 2:19 pm
a crystal vase filled with flowers Flower

a wine decanter with a bottle of wine Drunken Smile

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Apr 14 2009, 2:47 pm
greenfire wrote:

Thanks for the ideas. While a vase or decanter might work I don't think I can handle filling them with the flowers or wine long distance. Personally, I also hate when people give me vases since so many people always do and I just have so so many!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Apr 14 2009, 3:18 pm
If you don't want to go fancy tray and chocolates, how about practical? gift card for Toys R us or similar ?

sarahmalka

Post Wed, Apr 15 2009, 10:26 am
I think food is always appreciated and have sent gift baskets to people from kosherbyte.com and other sites like that. Also a gift card is an excellent idea.

shabri

Post Thu, Apr 16 2009, 9:04 am
My DH stayed with a young family a few times when we were dating. After we go engaged we got them gift certificate for a nice restaurant we knew they liked. Its a nice idea bc now that I'm at that stage I would love to go out to a nice place with DH but would never spend the $$ on it.

freidasima

Post Thu, Apr 16 2009, 12:26 pm
I like the gift certificate business for a restaurant as well.

Raisin

Post Thu, Apr 16 2009, 4:46 pm
I agree. either food or or a gift certificate to a resturant would be nice. (unless they are one of those people who don't enjoy eating out)

or how about a gift certificate to a homeware store?

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 16 2009, 9:19 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
greenfire wrote:

Thanks for the ideas. While a vase or decanter might work I don't think I can handle filling them with the flowers or wine long distance. Personally, I also hate when people give me vases since so many people always do and I just have so so many!

if it breaks you can always use it for the l'chaim Twisted Evil

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Apr 20 2009, 12:58 pm
I settled on ordering and shipping them a gift of an oven to table casserole from Crate & Barrel. It is an item I've been given as gift and that I love and that I've given to others too and have been told they've loved it. Also that way the recipients can easily return it if they don't want or need it.

LittleDucky

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 7:46 am
My general rule of thumb is one thank you per address. So if one of the children were living with their parents, they would be included in the same card. It is not up to you to make mental calculations about who supports whom or who gave most of the money.

Blessing1

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 7:50 am
A nice box of chocolates with flowers for the parents, & a nice toy for the kids. I think most people appreciate toys.

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 7:53 am
Blessing1 wrote:
A nice box of chocolates with flowers for the parents, & a nice toy for the kids. I think most people appreciate toys.

Presumably they got the gift 8 years ago.

Blessing1

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 7:55 am
Oh I didn't realize this thread is from so long ago! Oh my! Why would someone bring it up now?

Stars

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 7:55 am
LittleDucky wrote:
My general rule of thumb is one thank you per address. So if one of the children were living with their parents, they would be included in the same card. It is not up to you to make mental calculations about who supports whom or who gave most of the money.

I think this reply was meant for a different thread
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics