Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Kinesiology?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 3:47 pm
OP hasn't come back. (Folks, don't quote her name in case she decides to change her OP to amother.)
But there are some other questions I have, leaving aside the dueling gedolim/talmidei chachamim and their views on alternative modalities (yes, I just saw Rabbi Szmerla's book).

1. Insurance, out of pocket, etc. I don't know what coverage you have but alt/complementary stuff adds up fast. Perhaps there are some holistic MDs who are open and knowledgeable in your area if you are committed to alt.
2. Which brings me to my next question: why are you committed to alt? I know children with serious allergies. This is one time I would go allopathic. Maybe that's just me (and I've used homeopathy myself) but what kind of experiences with allopathic practitioners are making you go alt?
3. And what are the symptoms leading you to allergy testing at all?
4. And why remotely? Is it because there are no kinesiologists where you live so you want to do it remotely? If that's the case the sky's the limit. Go to natural parenting or start a safe haven and ask for recommendations.

Leah Kahn

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 9:25 am
This was posted on Yeshiva world last week.
https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

Horror Stories of Applied Kinesiology by R. Yair Hoffman

By Rabbi Yair Hoffman for the Five Towns Jewish Times

“I am sorry, Mrs. Ploni, but the muscle testing we performed on you indicates that your compatibility with your spouse is a 1 out of a possible 10 on the scale.”

“Your son being around his father is bad for his energy levels. You should seek to minimize it.”

“Your husband was born normal, but something happened to his energy levels on account of the vaccinations he received as a child. It is not really his fault, but he is not good for you.”

Welcome to the world of Applied Kinesiology or health Kinesiology and the way that it is practiced in, yes, some of our own communities.

The world of alternative medicine is not the innocuous and harmless pursuit that people may think it is. It is often used by practitioners in bizarre ways in which control and authority are exercised over other people. Incredibly, there are people who now base most of their life decisions on something called “muscle testing.”

Practitioners believe or state that the body’s energy levels can reveal remarkable information, from when a bride should get married to whether the next Kinesiology appointment should be in one week or two weeks. Prices for a 45 minute appointment can range from $125 to $250 a session.

One doctor who is familiar with people who engage in such pursuits remarked, “You have no idea how many inroads this craziness has made in our community.”

HOW THEY CLAIM IT WORKS

According to the Gale Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine, AK (applied kinesiology) is system that evaluates structural, chemical, and mental aspects of health by using “manual muscle testing (MMT)” along with other conventional diagnostic methods. The belief of AK adherents is that every organ dysfunction is accompanied by a weakness in a specific corresponding muscle,] Treatments include joint manipulation and mobilization, myofascial, cranial and meridian therapies, clinical nutrition, and dietary counseling.

A manual muscle test is conducted by having the patient resist using the target muscle or muscle group while the practitioner applies force the other way. A smooth response is called a “strong muscle” and a response that was not appropriate is called a “weak response.”

Like some Ouiji board out of the 1970’s, Applied Kinesiology is used to ask “Yes or No” questions about issues ranging from what type of Parnassa courses one should be taking, to what Torah music tapes one should listen to, to whether a therapist is worthwhile to see or not.

“They take everything with such seriousness – they look at it as if it is Torah from Sinai,” remarked one person familiar with such patients.

One spouse of an Applied Kinesiology patient was shocked to hear that a diagnosis was made concerning himself through the muscle testing of his wife – without the practitioner having ever met him!

Practitioners of Applied Kinesiology may be Jewish or gentile, they are still seen by adherents. Indeed, one gentile practitioner makes it a practice to travel to Israel and visit graves of righteous Rabbis. He stated that he travelled to “37 graves in Israel and gets energy from them.”

And the lines at the office of the AK practitioner are long. One husband holds a crying baby for three hours, while his wife attends a 45 minute session. Why so long? The AK practitioner let other patients ahead – because of emergency needs.

THE HALACHIC ISSUES

The whole concept brings up a number of halachic issues. Is recommending someone to see an Applied Kinesiology practitioner a violation of the Torah prohibition of Lifnei Iver, putting a stumbling block before the blind? Is it a violation of darchei emori?

One type of Lifnei Iver is giving a person an eitza sh’aina hogenes – misleading advice. Three such examples are found in the Toras Kohanim and they clearly indicate that AK is a direct violation of Lifnei Iver:

1] To advise a person to leave at a dangerously early time in the morning, when thieves are more likely to victimize him (Kedoshim Parsha 2).

2] To advise him to go out in the hottest of noon so that he will get a sunstroke.

3] To advise him to sell his field in order to purchase a donkey, and then by trickery purchasing his field from him in exchange for a donkey.

It is this author’s conclusion that in light of countless studies showing the ineffective nature of this therapy, the practitioners of AK are unequivocally violating Lifnei Iver Lo Sitain Michshol (see the author’s own Sefer on Lifnei Iver entitled Misguiding the Perplexed with haskamos from the leading gedolim).

Rabbi Yitzchok Stein, a Posaik, the Foltichander Rav Shlita and the Rosh Beis Din Avnei Shaish in his Kuntrus al Tifnu writes that there are violations of other biblical prohibitions. He was also the Rosh Beis Din of Dayan Yechezkel Roth, Karlsburger Rav, for thirty years.

In conversation with this author, Rav Stein related that Dayan Roth ruled in two handwritten letters that it is absolutely forbidden even in cases of Pikuach Nefesh. He also stated that Dayan Yitzchok Tuvia Weiss from the Eida Chareidis has stated that it is entirely forbidden. He was recently misquoted saying that he had rescinded his ruling. To address this Rav Weiss signed it again writing on the 24th of Shvat 5777 (this past year), “Haiisur adayin betokfo – the prohibition remains intact.”

Rav Stein further stated in regard to Applied Kinesiology:

“There is an issur of Kosem kessem. Why is it kosem kessem because the Rishonim write that any action that works in a manner that is not bederech hateva that reveals hidden things. Some wanted to say that it is only forbidden if it reveals the future, but the Rishonim indicate that it is any revelation that is not done through teva – natural means.

There is an asseh of tamim tihiyeh im hashem elokecha. There is a lav of ubechukosaim lo saylaichu and this is darkei emori. If the practitioner is a gentile there is also a question of being nisrapeh from a gentile who is a min.”

It is clear that anyone who is concerned for observing the Torah must stay far far away from this.”

The author can be reached at yairhoffman2@gmail.com

pnina

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 10:53 pm
It can be done by proxy. That said. It did not work for me or my family and I've tried about 8 practitioners....but I know it helps some. Can't harm. And no, it is NOT quackery, there is a scientific explanation to how it works, just not accepted medically.....

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 11:08 pm
pnina wrote:
It can be done by proxy. That said. It did not work for me or my family and I've tried about 8 practitioners....but I know it helps some. Can't harm. And no, it is NOT quackery, there is a scientific explanation to how it works, just not accepted medically.....

I'd love to hear the 'scientific ' explanation considering that there has been zero peer reviewed articles supporting that claim. Randomized trials on three continents show that Applied Kinesiology has the same degree of accuracy as a blind guess.

siyata dishmaya

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 11:20 pm
Ever heard of one brain?
They definitely get into your energy and can tell you things about yourself that are true etc. Just not sure if they CAN ACTUALLY SOLVE THE ISSUE! The main reason we may try alternative is not just to see what they actually know about our energy levels etc, but so that they can HEAL US OR MAKE OUR LIVES HAPPIER! Yes, there may be knowledge in the alternative field, but how about healing and happiness???????

imasoftov

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 1:35 am
siyata dishmaya wrote:
... can tell you things about yourself that are true etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 8:14 am
siyata dishmaya wrote:
Ever heard of one brain?
They definitely get into your energy and can tell you things about yourself that are true etc. Just not sure if they CAN ACTUALLY SOLVE THE ISSUE! The main reason we may try alternative is not just to see what they actually know about our energy levels etc, but so that they can HEAL US OR MAKE OUR LIVES HAPPIER! Yes, there may be knowledge in the alternative field, but how about healing and happiness???????

I appreciate this. The questions I have about this and any alternative approach are:
1. Is this complementary to allopathic or traditional approaches or alternative? Can they be done simultaneously?
2. Has the traditional approach been tried and found failing, or is there a compelling reason to try something else?
3. How easy is it to find a qualified practitioner?
4. How much will it cost? Is the practitioner up front with the fees, flexible with payment plans?

GetReal

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 8:15 am
This sounds weird.

"Proxy testing is muscle testing that is done on myself, for you. Proxy testing works similarly to how cell phones work. Our bodies have a built-in capability to connect to or “call” someone else. When we do this, we create an energetic connection with them. Once you’re connected, you can get answers about what is going on with this other person’s body, because you’re picking up their energetic flow or signal. Proxy work can also be used to correct energetic imbalances on another too. Again, since you are connected to their energy field (and energy knows no space and time – just like when you’re thinking of someone and they call you!), it can be done regardless of distance

I simply ask questions and get answers on myself, that reflect what’s going on in your energy system. Even though there is much knowledge of how this works in relationship to quantum physics, we don’t have to understand or even believe it for it be extremely accurate."

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 10:15 am
I firmly believe that when it comes to medicine, there is no "emunah" in treatment methods. The only space for emunah is trusting that Hashem will help the time-proven techniques heal you.

Whether alternative or Western medicine, I say if a practitioner wants me to believe that they can heal me, I say: Prove it. Explain to me the scientific mechanism behind what you believe.

If someone can't then I don't risk my health and waste my money on their narishkeit.

Both current Western-trained doctors and alternative methods have to make sense, and if they don't, why should I trust them?

Baruch Hashem, since I've developed this mindset I've been able to help myself and others from needless, misunderstood and harmful medications and non-medication techniques.

Sechel, ladies. Don't trust just anyone -- no matter if they are an MD or alternative.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 10:32 am
GetReal wrote:
This sounds weird.

"Proxy testing is muscle testing that is done on myself, for you. Proxy testing works similarly to how cell phones work. Our bodies have a built-in capability to connect to or “call” someone else. When we do this, we create an energetic connection with them. Once you’re connected, you can get answers about what is going on with this other person’s body, because you’re picking up their energetic flow or signal. Proxy work can also be used to correct energetic imbalances on another too. Again, since you are connected to their energy field (and energy knows no space and time – just like when you’re thinking of someone and they call you!), it can be done regardless of distance

I simply ask questions and get answers on myself, that reflect what’s going on in your energy system. Even though there is much knowledge of how this works in relationship to quantum physics, we don’t have to understand or even believe it for it be extremely accurate."

Speaking of quantum physics, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_even_wrong

pnina

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 12:43 am
MagentaYenta wrote:
I'd love to hear the 'scientific ' explanation considering that there has been zero peer reviewed articles supporting that claim. Randomized trials on three continents show that Applied Kinesiology has the same degree of accuracy as a blind guess.

Read Albert Einstein's letters.

imasoftov

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 2:06 am
pnina wrote:

The Collected Papers of Albert Einstein contains 3,450 letters.
http://www.einstein.caltech.edu/

JEMI

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 11:18 am
There's a huge amount of ignorance and misunderstandings about alternative practices, including applied kinesiology.

The human body works as a semi-conducting liquid crystal - this is a tenet of cutting-edge physics, not religion. But the scientifically-proven DC electrical ‘energy’ system powering the human body is intangible, and thus can very quickly veer off into matters of the soul, and the spiritual realm - and that’s where the great danger lies.

To put it very crudely, Western medicine is based on bio-chemistry, and leads people to atheism and a completely materialistic view of health and life.

Most alternative therapies are based on bio-physics (although many of these therapies’ own practitioners actually have no idea about the science underpinning what they’re doing) - and it can often lead people straight to avoda zara, kishufim, a belief that ‘aliens’ created life, or (optimally…) a belief in God.

Part of the reason why the Eastern religions, and the practices they encourage including things like yoga, are so dangerous to Jews because they combine a hefty dose of bio-physics with a heftier dose of spiritual impurity and avoda zara that takes people away from God, and leads them to embracing general ideas of ‘the universe’, and spirituality-without-God instead.

For example, the practise of yoga is rooted in spiritual impurity, that’s why it’s so dangerous at the spiritual level, for all of its ‘bio-physical’ aspect. (When people start doing yoga, they don’t go on about the physical benefits, they go on (and on…and on…) about its ethos and philosophy - that’s what makes it a spiritual practice.

By contrast, chinese medicine and energy meridians (the basic principles of which underpin most of applied kinesiology) are rooted in bio-physics, which is why they don’t pose the same spiritual problems for Jews if used correctly. The same is true of crystals (which work with the human body along the bio-electric lines referred to above), the same is true of eating raw food, the same is true with other meridian-based practices like tapping (EFT), acupuncture and acupressure, for example.

When I was writing one of my God-based holistic health books, I did a lot of research about what was halachically acceptable, and what wasn't.

In a nutshell, I was told by an extremely serious Dayan who was an expert in alternative practices that anything that was 'hands on' was OK. I specifically asked about muscle testing, and I was told it was OK halachically - as long as it's being done on the person themselves, in the flesh.

Doing things 'remotely' would seem to be more problematic, according to what I was told by the Dayan.

And there is also the problem that many people DO try to use muscle testing in an inappropriate way, without understanding what's really going on, and how much their own biases and opinions may be clouding the 'answer' they're getting.

What muscle testing does is test if a particular muscle 'weakens' when the person is introduced to a particular food, substance, thought, emotion or situation.

To make a very basic comparison, if you get an upset stomach every time you think of speaking in public, that's a sign that you find speaking in public very distressing, on some level.

Applied kinesiology is similarly looking for things that 'weaken' a person, even very subtly.

God is continually sending us messages about what we need to work on, fix, change and rectify and one of the key ways He does this is through our health - this is basic emuna, not kishufim.

The more 'in tune' we ourselves get with our health and our emotions and our underlying thought patterns, the more we ourselves will be able to see what things are 'weakening' us in our environment, and why, and what God wants us to try to do to improve or change things.

Lastly, the yeshivanews published this extremely pertinent discussion about how applied kinesiology is NOT kishufim - at all! - four years ago, and you can read it for yourself in full at this link:

https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

Here's part of what it explains:

In 1964 a Chiropractic Physician and founder of Applied Kinesiology by the name of Dr.George Goodheart Jr., first observed that postural distortion is often associated with muscular dysfunction. Dr. Goodheart used manual muscle testing developed at Johns Hopkins in the 1940’s, to assess muscle function and found that non invasive manipulative treatment restored function. Today, it is the core approach in AK that encompasses joint and spinal manipulation, myofascial therapy, cranial adjustments, meridian therapy, nutrition, and various reflex procedures. Dr. Goodheart discovered and developed many other procedures that returned injured and strained muscles to their normal states. With these findings he was appointed to the medical staff, as the first Chiropractor, to the U.S. Olympic Team in 1980.

While developing this theory and practice of AK as functional neurology, Dr. Goodheart concluded that specific muscles are universally related to specific organs. Because of this relationship, a wide variety of non muscular conditions are often benefited. For example, because the deltoid muscle in the shoulder shares a relationship with the lungs, the muscle test can be an indicator of the state of the lungs and can serve as an excellent monitor of the condition.

In 1975 a group of AK practitioners founded the International College of Applied Kinesiology, (ICAK), and today it is truly an International College having organized chapters in teaching health professionals in Europe, Canada, USA, Australia, Germany, Italy, UK, Scandinavia, Switzerland and Russia. In Belgium, AK is taught as a post graduate course in medical school. AK is a widely practiced method of diagnosis and treatment.

Applied Kinesiolgy is practiced by health professionals that have already completed their basic education in their fields of study such as, Medicine, Chiropractic, Osteopathy, or Dentistry. They then study AK on a post graduate level, complete a 100 hour basic classroom study, and are tested for basic proficiency. To achieve specialty or expert status known as a Diplomate, 300 hours are required along with written and oral testing, and at least two research papers.

AK is divided in two distinct parts, one is an aid to diagnosing by using manual muscle testing as functional neurology to assess drainage, vascular supply, nutritional problems and TMJ and meridian imbalances.

The second part involves the treatment phase, where treatment with Chiropractic manipulation and Osteopathic cranial techniques and nutrition, along with meridian and myofascial procedures are utilized.

-----

This is how that very informative post concludes:

"To finalize, AK is a scientifically based procedure practiced by licensed health professionals and has been reviewed as acceptable and appropriate. Rabbi Baruch Greenfeld a Bobov dayan indicated that after doing his own investigation AK meets scientific criteria and is an acceptable healing technique.

Rabbi Dr. Norman Strickman, Professor in Tuoro College and past president of the Vaad Harabonim of Flatbush, author of WITHOUT RED STINGS OR HOLY WATER a treatise on the Rambam’s Mishneh Torah “ who aimed at cleansing Judaism ………….from irrational and superstitious practices” stated “applied kinesiology cannot be considered AZ or kishuf” and “ the individual who claims……….was misinformed”. If someone you know says anything to the contrary, you can now indicate that they need to re-access their position to accept an advance healing procedure."

Hope this helps to clear things up a little,

Rivka

imasoftov

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 12:54 pm
JEMI wrote:
But the scientifically-proven DC electrical ‘energy’ system powering the human body is intangible ...

How was something intangible tested by science?

What is ‘energy’ and how does it differ from energy without quotes?

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 1:29 pm
pnina wrote:

Poppycock, you are just parroting some schmutz you heard from someone else. It's pretty apparent you haven't read any of these letters if you cannot direct me to the applicable ones or at least explain the scientific basis for this quackery.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 1:54 pm
I'm at PT. Manual muscle testing tells me about the strength and tone in your muscles, that's all.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 2:53 pm
I wouldn't mind too much if an Ima said, 'yea I know there is no scientific foundation for this, but I feel it benefits me, and that's how the placebo effect works'. But that's certainly not happening here.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 9:14 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
I wouldn't mind too much if an Ima said, 'yea I know there is no scientific foundation for this, but I feel it benefits me, and that's how the placebo effect works'. But that's certainly not happening here.

Basiclly been following this thread silently .

So here's my experience:

Had an extereme skin condition. tried all otc and lots of abx/prescription stuff.
Started some promising diets with little results.

I ended up seeing a frum lady who I was told does kinesiology and was ok-d by our rabbi.
So she did the necklace thing and told me which foods to remove from diet. suggested some supplements etc.

I went up and made myself believe it and tried it. Whatever. it worked. When my skin was clear and I was already fed up with the diet I told myself I am healthy and well and I'm eating everything (ok, trying to stay away from preservatives & artificial flavoring/coloring still). so ya, here you go with placebo effect.

This is after years of mitchening with this condition. so B'H for this and I don't laugh from these things anymore. when all doctors and other plans fail you, it is time for an alternative plan.

I forgot one main thing: ultimately it is all up to Hashem. I davened alot and took upon myself a couple of things as a zechus. I feel though that Hashem sent the yeshuah through this hishtadlus.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 11:41 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:

So here is the thing. I took a training in manual muscle testing. I am very skeptical. I don't have an opinion either way. However, when I tried it on people in the following manner, it has worked.
I tell them to think of their mother's name. Then I tell them to give me three female names, one of which is their mother's name. I mix them in my head, and think each name in my head while testing.
I'm not that great at it. I still have to go back to testing by saying a statement in my mind that I know is true to the person (your name is {their name}) a few times to figure out the difference in the feel. However, I am always able to sense what their mother's name is from the test.

When I see that to be true, I am starting to think that maybe I should look further into it. I have a M.S., and as I mentioned before, I am very skeptical. You are right about lack of evidence in medical journals, but there may be a part of it that is based in truth. I don't know. Maybe.

JEMI

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 1:30 am
"How is something intangible tested by science?"

(I don't know how to cut and paste things in more directly - quite new to Imamother! - so apologies for the clunky nature of the quote...)

This is a great question, and it goes to the heart of what's really going on with science and human health.

Electricity is an intangible thing that is still, strangely very tangible - but only by viewing it's interaction in connection with more tangible, material things.

For example, we have no idea if a kettle or oven is really 'working' until and unless it's connected to the mains. The engineer can fiddle around with it while it's disconnected, and can see that it SHOULD be working when connected up to the mains, but that is the litmus test of whether it's really working or not.

Same with the human body. Western science is so wedded to the body being all there is, they aren't 'testing' anything that's connected up to the 'mains' in their health experiments (for the most part. More on this in a moment.)

Everything is dead tissue, disconnected organs, etc, nothing is being tested as part of a 'living' connected system, which is why at best they have half the picture.

Here and there, there are some doctors and scientists who ARE testing things that are 'connected' and still have the animating life-force / energy / nefesh / soul pulsing through them.

One of them was Dr Robert O Becker, who wrote 2 books about his experiments and findings - Cross Currents and the Body Electric. I've written a great deal about this subject on my blog, I'm going to cut and paste in one of the posts below, and then if you go to:

www.spiritualselfhelp.org and search for 'electricity' it'll bring up a whole bunch of other posts, including a lot of references to the science that's being done (often by Russian scientists) to prove that human health is essentially 'controlled' by bio-electricity (which is really just the 'physical' garment of the nefesh, or lower level of soul.)

Try this link on PUBMED, for starters:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15025873 (Exploring new horizons in electromedicine.)

Again, this 'bio-electricity' underpins most of the alternative therapies (that actually work...) but again, where the material aspect of 'bio-electricity' ends and the spiritual aspect of 'bio-electricity' begins is an extremely deep question with profound implications.

-------

Let’s jump forward half a century to 1958, when a young orthodopaedic surgeon in the US called Robert Becker started experimenting with salamander limbs and electrical currents, trying to figure out what role, if any, an electric current played in the regeneration and mending of bones.

Becker chose to experiment on salamanders because it was almost as physically complicated as a human being, yet had an amazing ability lacking in other mammals to spontaneously regenerate a severed limb.

Becker was exploring ‘what’, biologically-speaking, organized the growth of this new limb, and how the blastema - a little ball of undifferentiated cells that can turn into any other cell - knew what to do.

WHAT ORGANISES CELLS TO BECOME A PERSON OR CREATURE?

It was the same question, phrased in different words, that had the embryologists stumped, too: what was organizing the undifferentiated cells? What was controlling their development and corralling the process of regeneration?

Earlier on, in the 1930s, Paul Weiss floated the theory that the body had some sort of intangible ‘morphogenetic field’ that held the blueprint of what the body would become. The idea didn’t get very far in more traditional scientific circles, so by the time Becker came on the scene, no real progress had been made to try find if such a field actually existed, and if it did, how it actually stimulated undifferentiated cells to switch particular genes on and off.

Becker had his work cut out for him, not least because the overwhelmingly ‘mechanist’ view of medicine was shooting down any ideas that had even a whiff of belonging to the vitalist view point of life.

​​​Becker writes: “When I started out, it was very dangerous for one’s career even to suggest that mature cells might create the blastema by de-differentiation.[1]”

The idea that some cells in a mature, complex vertebrate could revert completely to their primitive, ‘undifferentiated’ state, and then turn into a regenerated limb, for example, turned orthodox ideas about how the human body works on its head.

Yet amazingly, that’s what Becker’s subsequent experiments proved conclusively.

THE CURRENT OF INJURY

Becker began by reviewing the work of Russian biophysicist, A.M. Sinyukhin, whose work with tomato plants turned up what came to be called a ‘current of injury’. Sinyukhin cut branches off tomato plants, and then measured what was happening electrically near the place of the ‘wound’.

Over the first few days after the injury, a stream of electrons that formed a negative current flowed from the wound. The same thing happens to wounds in animals, too. In the second week, as a ‘scab’ formed on the wound and a new branch started to grow, the current reversed polarity to become positive, and became stronger.

As the positive current increased, the tomato plant’s cells at the site of the wound more than doubled their metabolic rate, became more acidic, and started producing more Vitamin C.
Sinyukhin’s experiments proved some very important principles:

1) That a change in the electrical current seemed to be linked to regeneration
2) The electrical current that initiated these changes was tiny - between 2 - 3 amperes.

Armed with this information, Becker started experimenting on salamanders (that can regenerate limbs) and bullfrogs (that can’t regenerate limbs).
Picture
AMAZING THINGS BECKER LEARNED ABOUT THE ELECTRICAL PROPERTIES OF THE BODY

​Amongst other things, Becker’s experiments showed that:

The current of injury was proportional to the amount of nerve present - and developed human beings have 80 less nerves in their limbs than simpler creatures.

The current of injury stimulated de-differentiation of cells and regeneration (I.e. electrical stimulation could in theory create new STEM CELLS in an adult body...)

DC current within the central nervous system regulate the sensitivity of neurons by:

Changing the amount of current flowing in one direction

Reversing polarity (I.e. changing the current’s direction)

Modulating the current with slow waves (EXPLAIN THIS BETTER)

External DC currents can and do affect the way the human brain operates

The direction of current in the human brain (normally from front to back) changes with different states of consciousness.

It’s strongest during heightened physical or mental activity

Weaker in states of rest

Reverses direction running back to front in normal sleep and anaesthesia.

LIVING TISSUE ACTS LIKE A SEMI-CONDUCTOR OF BIO-ELECTRICITY

Living tissue acts like a semi-conductor of bio-electricity. Many semi-conductors (including the human body) absorb energy from light.

Bone is piezoelectric (I.e. converts ‘stress’ into an electrical signal.) If it’s ‘squeezed’ or pressured hard enough when bent, a small, temporary negative charge is produced that migrates towards the area of compression.

Bone is also photoelectric [which means that when electricity goes in, light comes out], and acts as a Light-Emitting Diode (LED).

Trace metals like:

Copper
Iron
Zinc
Lead
Silver
Beryllium

Bond readily to bone - and when there are trace metals in the bio-electric ‘semi-conductor’ that is the human body, even the presence of those tiny amount of metal can change its characteristics enormously.

Copper greatly affects the electrical nature of bone, and the way the apatite crystals and collagen fibers found in bone ‘fit’ together.

Electricity controls the growth in bone.

HOW IS THE CURRENT FLOWING, AND WHERE IS IT COMING FROM?

Becker found that the body’s electrical field mapped to the body’s nervous system, with the head and spinal region being strongly positive. He also found that the body’s tiny DC current controlled the way nerves worked in the brain, as well as the rest of the body, including regulating states of consciousness.

“Redifferentiation instructions are passed along a tissue arc whose main element is the circuit already established between nerves and epidermis….The direction (polarity) plus the magnitude and force (amperage and voltage) of current could serve as a vector system giving distinct values for every area of the body. The electric field surrounding continuously charged and diminished with the distance from the nerve would provide a third coordinate, giving each cell a slightly different electrical potential…A magnetic field must exist around the current flow…adding a fourth dimension to the system. Together, these values might suffice to pinpoint any cell in the body.”

The idea is that these electric and magnetic fields could affect the charged cell membrane’s “‘choice’ of what ions to absorb, reject or expel’ - or to put it another way, could sway which genes gets switched on or off in every particular cell, together with the associated chemical changes.
​“ELECTRICAL FORCES TURN THE KEY THAT UNLOCK THE REPRESSED GENES”​​

In theory, Becker’s experiments proved that an electrical current was ‘the primary stimulus that began the regenerative process, and that it could operate in mammals.’ But then he hit the next problem: there weren’t enough electrically-sensitive cells in human bone marrow to make enough a big enough blastema to regenerate a limb in a human. So Becker turned his attention to trying to find a way of making other cells in the human body ‘electrically sensitive’, so that they could also dediffentiate when a tiny current of electricity was applied.

SILVER IONS KILL ALL TYPES OF BACTERIA WITHOUT SIDE-EFFECTS

Becker discovered that using a silver electrode ‘at the positive pole killed or deactivated every type of bacteria without side-effects, even with very low currents.’ But that wasn’t even the only amazing thing he discovered. He also learnt that a positive silver electrode ‘dedifferentiates connective tissue cells’, called fibroblasts.

What 'positively charged' silver ions was proven to do:
Stimulate bone-forming cells
Cure even very stubborn bacterial infections
Stimulate healing in skin and other soft tissue
Stop the runaway mitosis of cancerous cells (fibrosarcoma cells) in their tracks.

NOT ALL CELLS IN THE HUMAN BODY CAN DEDIFFERENTIATE

Not all cells in the human body can dedifferentiate. The following cells were all dediffentiated in response to electrical stimulus by Becker and his team:

Bone marrow cells (immature erythrocytes)
Fibroblasts
Lymphocytes

The right amount of electrical current has to be aimed at the right type of cells for de-differentiation to occur.

THE BODY'S BIO-ELECTRICITY IS FLOWING THROUGH THE PERINEURAL CELLS

It’s now believed that the body’s current flows through the perineural cells. Perineural cells is a catch-all description for many different types of cell that surround every nerve cell like a kind of ‘sheath’, and which account for 90% of the human brain.

The neuron is the basic unit of all nervous sytems. Nerves are how different parts of the body communicate. The whole neuron is ‘wrapped’ in different sorts of perineural cells. The different types of perineural cells in the brain are called ‘glia’. Schwann cells ‘wrap’ the axons and dendrites of the neural cells in the spinal cord.

​Schwann cells form a sort of tube made up of spiraling layers of myelin around the largest fibers. Ependymal cells line the four brain cavities, or ventricles of the brain, and also the central canal of the spinal cord.

Perineural cells play a big role in getting nutrients to the neurons, in controlling the diffusion of ions which in turn effects impulse firing, in memory, and in conducting the direct currents that ‘regenerate’ different parts of the body.

Becker discovered all these things more than 35 years’ ago, back in the 1980s. But instead of eagerly starting more research into these findings, to see how they could be safely applied to improving human health - his funding was pulled, and his small lab was disbanded, due to lack of funds and political pressure.

Rivka
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics