Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
ISO Job in Baltimore

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 4:22 pm
Hi,
I am wondering if anyone from Baltimore can help.
I know it's late in the year but we are hoping to move from Israel to Baltimore this summer..
My husband is looking for an administrative type job in the chinuch/kiruv field.. (he has training and some experience from work in Israel)
He spoke to a few potential jobs but so far none were a match. Does anyone have ideas?? (He is great at mentoring teenage boys as well.plays a few instruments, good role model as well as being detail oriented, computer savvy.. he can organize events etc..

If anyone has any leads it would be so appreciated..
Anonymous just bec I told so many people in real life about this.. but I would send my email address to someone if they had a real lead for me.
Thanks!!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 8:29 pm
amother wrote:
Hi,
I am wondering if anyone from Baltimore can help.
I know it's late in the year but we are hoping to move from Israel to Baltimore this summer..
My husband is looking for an administrative type job in the chinuch/kiruv field.. (he has training and some experience from work in Israel)
He spoke to a few potential jobs but so far none were a match. Does anyone have ideas?? (He is great at mentoring teenage boys as well.plays a few instruments, good role model as well as being detail oriented, computer savvy.. he can organize events etc..

If anyone has any leads it would be so appreciated..
Anonymous just bec I told so many people in real life about this.. but I would send my email address to someone if they had a real lead for me.
Thanks!!

No job ideas but just wanted to say Hatzlocha and welcome!
Recently moved from Israel to Baltimore as well!

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 8:44 pm
Welcome! Your best bet is to contact Joblink. They are all about helping people find jobs here.

http://www.joblinkemployment.org/

Besides a position in a local school, some of the kiruv organizations here are:

AJOP
Shoresh
Etz Chaim

Hatzlacha!

justforfun87

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 8:54 pm
Hi,

Are you on Facebook? There is a very active Jewish Baltimommies Facebook group for Baltimore that can help with leads. PM me if you want to be added.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 1:51 am
Thanks for the welcome!
I am not on facebook..
Any other nishei emails or places to get info besides nishei pickwick?

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 2:30 am
Thanks to the poster who mentioned job link. I see a couple of job possibilities on there for myself and one for my husband..
Can't wait to here more ideas..

Batyah85

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 10:16 am
Why don't you check out the associated website ? Sometimes they have a nice list of job postings that may be what your looking for. Also- check out some of the local schools for chinuch- last year, talmudical academy was looking for an assistant menahal ( it never got filled- have not seen them advertise this year for it but you never know...)Earlier this year ohr chadash was advertising for an assistant Judaic principal . Both may be worth looking into. Or even Beth tfiloh for the kiruv aspect too. Hatzlacha !

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 4:23 pm
Thanks so much for those ideas.. don't think my husband is the right fit for a principal. .
A cousin of mine is actually a principal at beth tefillah so if there were openings there he would let us know.. I will look into the other schools to see what else is around

Any other baltimorians.. is there aish in baltimore, partners in torah.. or any other kiruv oriented projects that might hire him?
Any work with struggling youth etc..

Batyah85

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 8:47 pm
try etz chaim... there is aish and other kiruv on college campuses in the area. check out meor/mesorah dc run by rabbi teitelbaum in silver spring/dc area too.

hatzlacha!

Batyah85

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 9:46 pm
also maybe check out lev shlomo

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 5:00 pm
Thanks so much to all those that replied.. Sorry things have been so hectic and I haven't checked this thread that often..
Thanks Batya we already tried lev shlomo but they don't seem to be hiring right now although I think that type of yeshiva would be a good fit for my husband to work in.

Do you have contact info for aish hatorah Baltimore? I tried googling etc but can't seem to find the info..
Is partners in torah of baltimore run through etz chaim?

Also, does anyone have info about the chesed fund? I see they are hiring but not clear what the organization does..
Thanks again for all your help ladies..

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 5:25 pm
Also try Neimus Hatorah.

Batyah85

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 5:50 pm
Op- feel free to pm me. I may be able to give more info but don't want to do it in a public forum that might compromise my anonymity Smile thanks.

Busy as a bee

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 9:49 am
OP did you find anything?

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 2:17 pm
Nope. Me and my husband are still looking.. Do you have any ideas??

Busy as a bee

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 10:49 am
PM me

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 9:31 am
Update- Just wanted to let you all know that bh both me & my husband found jobs:)

Maryann

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 9:50 am
wow amazing !! how do you find a job from a far? I would love to ..any tips

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Sep 06 2017, 10:36 am
Hi,
I'm the OP.. In response to the last poster.. I know you asked your question a while ago but I just noticed it now..
I basically just networked with ppl I know and bh they were able to find us jobs..
A past boss of mine was able to make a connection with one of his friends who ended up hiring me and my husband had a similar situation..
Now I just need to daven that these jobs work out well for us..
I am actually starting my first day of work today..
(In general though I would say to post on Nishei pickwick and look out for posts about jobs.. look on joblink, get the word out to friends and family in baltimore that you are looking for a job etc.. and daven!! - I did all of the above and bh found s/t..
You can also look on luach.com- you can search by location or if you want a work from home job you can look for that as well..
Once we applied for our positions we were in touch with the boss by phone and then had a skype interview but they did not want to sign contracts until we met in person.. So basically by the time we traveled we knew we prob had jobs.. I met my boss in person and signed the contract and now I am starting work.. I have butterflies.. hope it goes well..

Maryann

Post Wed, Sep 06 2017, 8:33 pm
Wow hatzlacha! What do you work as?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating