Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
What size/brand of diapers?

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 6:31 am
My 18 month old is around 29 lbs and 33.5 inches.
right now he's wearing a size 5 diaper. I feel like huggies little movers were too tight on his stomach (his stomach REALLY pops out) and pampers swaddlers were getting too tight also.

We were trying huggies snug & dry but the second they get wet they start sagging.

the problem is I feel like the diapers are all too tight around his stomach, but the bigger sizes are too big in the bottom part and hang really low.

am I just closing them too tightly? where are the straps supposed to close exactly? (how far into the middle/onto the diaper? (I do NOT close them all the way in the middle don't worry).

is there a certain brand you would recommend? I feel like trying a size 6 would be ridiculous and they'd be huge everywhere else on him, am I correct?

(we don't have a ton of money or I'd go out and purchase a ton of brands in different sizes which is why I'm asking for help to narrow down)

LittleDucky

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 7:52 am
Have you tried Pampers Cruisers?
Or the size 6 in swaddlers or Huggies LM? Those two are less likely to sag and in the bigger size will likely fit better around the waist.
Good luck! I just found that the best way was to try each brand out before buying a case. Do you have any friends you can get a diaper from?

funmother

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 7:56 am
pamper cruisers

funmother

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 8:06 am
pampers cruisers advertise they don't sag. It is more expensive than the off brand diapers but I haven't found any other brand like it.

pesek zman

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 9:00 am
Kirkland from Costco are actually my favorite (but my baby has a different body type than yours)

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 9:55 am
I like comfees brand and it works great for me. I use size 5 on my not skinny 5 year old! I had some pampers left and didnt even end up using it since pampers were much narrower and longer when I compared them. The leak protection is very decent as well.

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 12:24 pm
We love luvs! My kids are leakers and have ur sons body type- we tried EVERYTHING!! Till an experienced mom suggested luvs and we never looked back...I should mention cuties werent bad either(both cheaper options too btw)

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 12:51 pm
funmother wrote:
pamper cruisers

thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I bought pampers cruisers months ago but returned them because they had a really chemical smell to them. I was told by the company that sometimes happens when the diapers are very new (and that it's harmless btw). have you ever had an experience like that with them?

funmother

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 2:33 pm
very soft on babies skin, absorbant, prevents rash. I started using it overnight for a baby that leaked through all other diapers.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 7:19 am
So I bought the cruisers and I'm not so happy with them.
The back of the diaper is not cinched at all (like the little movers and the snug & dry).
There's a big gap between diaper and his skin in the back- with the size 5 AND 6. The 4 is clearly too small.

Is there a gap there for you too or is it just my baby's build? Doesn't poo leak up the back if there is?

What is the difference between the swaddlers and the cruisers?

That's it, I've had enough with diapers. They just do not accommodate his body shape. He needs to move on to underwear! (only kidding)

LittleDucky

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 8:37 am
I hated luvs. They didn't keep any smell in and they needed to be changed more often. Same with Pampers Baby Dry.
Have you tried up and up? (Target brand) I haven't tried them but friends love them.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 11:27 am
amother wrote:
So I bought the cruisers and I'm not so happy with them.
The back of the diaper is not cinched at all (like the little movers and the snug & dry).
There's a big gap between diaper and his skin in the back- with the size 5 AND 6. The 4 is clearly too small.

Is there a gap there for you too or is it just my baby's build? Doesn't poo leak up the back if there is?

What is the difference between the swaddlers and the cruisers?

That's it, I've had enough with diapers. They just do not accommodate his body shape. He needs to move on to underwear! (only kidding)

Buckle them under his belly, it need to be snug against his skin. If it doesn't fit with the 5 try the 6. My favorite are huggies little movers but different kids fit differently.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics