Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Where to store digital pictures?

rzab

Post Sat, Jul 29 2017, 2:12 pm
Where/How do you store all of your digital pictures?

I'm looking for a good way to efficently organize the last 8 years worth of pictures.

CEF

Post Sat, Jul 29 2017, 3:20 pm
I use a memory stick.
Online I'd use Google drive.

Mothers

Post Sat, Jul 29 2017, 7:52 pm
Shutterfly. I upload them into folders (by month), and then I can easily use them to make photo books and other photo projects, which I order when they have sales (which are frequent). They have the best customer service, and they guarantee not to ever delete your pictures.

artsy

Post Sat, Jul 29 2017, 7:57 pm
Google Photos

Amarante

Post Sat, Jul 29 2017, 10:05 pm
I save redundantly - I automatically back up every hour on an external hard drive.

I also backup on my cloud storage so it's not lost if something catastrophic happens - this would mean fire or complete demolition of my home since my photos are on my computer and the external backup drive. There are also photos on my phone but I don't think of these are backup but just the ones I haven't backed up and deleted yet or which I otherwise want to keep on my phone.

Organization is a different matter. I use Apple's Photo App on my computer and it has a lot of automatic organization tools built in. I can also organize into albums which is much more of picking the best photos of a trip, year, event etc. and putting it in a digital album the way people would use photo albums of real photos.

If you want to go really crazy, you can use a digital scrapbook program but that is way too Martha Stewart for me. However, I have seen some amazing results.

essie14

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 1:39 am
Microsoft OneDrive and Google Photos
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics