Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Tips for a more comfortable pregnancy?

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jul 31 2017, 10:51 am
I'm almost 20 weeks along with twins which is a dream come true and I'm absolutely thrilled. However I'm feeling sooo physically uncomfortable and just desperate to feel better. Is there anything I can do to ease the physical symptoms? I feel like I'm growing so fast that my muscles are stretched as far as they will go. I can't ever seem to get in a comfortable position and I'm waddling around when I walk. I feel like I'm much further along than 20 weeks and can't believe this is only the halfway point. Advice please??

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jul 31 2017, 12:08 pm
I'm only 10 weeks with twins and have a stomach already. Can't imagine how I'd look and feel in 6 months from now.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Jul 31 2017, 12:42 pm
Get a pregnancy support belt (prenatal cradle or the like) wear good compression stockings, and get good supportive shoes - but even with all that, its a challenge getting there. You can focus on the fact that most twin pregnancies won't make it all the way to 40, so you are probably more than half way there Smile

(ETA: B'shaa Tova - feel good and hope it goes smoothly with no more than the regular aches and pains)

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Jul 31 2017, 1:14 pm
I agree with the support stockings plus comfortable shoes, do not save money on that. I did not like the pregnancy belt, it just made me go to the bathroom more often.
Don't have big meals, and after you eat, always try to go for some walk. ( full belly + full stomach = you won't be able to breath if you lay down). Even water , don't drink huge amounts at once, drink throughout the day.
Besha tova!

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jul 31 2017, 1:17 pm
Where do I get a pregnancy belt? Can I buy one online? I definitely feel I could use something for support around the middle especially when I'm walking around.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Jul 31 2017, 1:19 pm
amother wrote:
Where do I get a pregnancy belt? Can I buy one online? I definitely feel I could use something for support around the middle especially when I'm walking around.

Ask your dr for a prescription. Your insurance might cover it , or part of it. The same place that sells support stocking can get you the belt
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more