Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How to teach child communication skills?
Previous  1  2

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 8:01 pm
Thank you amother dodger blue

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 9:34 pm
amother wrote:
Wow nobody is mocking her. It's just sometimes appalling as in HOW can she think she's right in this situation??

"She's always right. Always. Even when we all stare and laugh at how wrong she is.
She sounds like a crazy person."

Have you read the Malki thread?

Your DD is struggling, and you can stare and laugh at her, say she sounds like a crazy person and you are appalled at her behavior? WTH about yours? Teasing in this manner is damaging.

LittleDucky

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 10:14 pm
Read "how to talk so kids will listen and listen so kids will talk". It is really eye opening on how to properly communicate with your daughter. Modeling correctly is super important.
Talk about your feelings but in I Statements. "I feel hurt when...".
Try not to label your kid as meshuga or crazy. Even if it seems that way- kids live up to that label.
Can you give a more detailed example of how the conversation goes?
Also, I would try to get a full evaluation by someone experienced and licensed. It might be a processing issue, ASD or a number of other issues so an evaluation is important!

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 10:18 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
"She's always right. Always. Even when we all stare and laugh at how wrong she is.

Your DD is struggling, and you can stare and laugh at her, say she sounds like a crazy person and you are appalled at her behavior? WTH about yours? Teasing in this manner is damaging.

I caught this too.

Op, how does she do at school? What do her teachers say? Does she have friends? Or is this more of home problem?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 10:24 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:

Please be more sensitive. Angry kids can be very hard to deal with.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 10:33 pm
amother wrote:
Please be more sensitive. Angry kids can be very hard to deal with.

One of the lessons a parent learns is not to mock a child regardless of their behaviors. This child is struggling, her behavior didn't happen overnight, and nothing much has been done to help the child. Bullying through teasing and mockery isn't a positive behavior or one a parent should encourage. It is very easy to turn a disruptive child into a scapegoat and magnify their differences, especially when one involves siblings in the mockery.

And the next time you want to hand slap me do it under your own screen name.

tigerwife

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 12:04 am
amother wrote:
She's just always talking angry to her parents and siblings. Even friends in school many times.
She's always right. Always. Even when we all stare and laugh at how wrong she is.
She sounds like a crazy person.
Always blaming others.

Please don't stare her down and laugh at her, and never call her crazy, especially to her face. It is so hurtful, even if your were technically right in whatever argument.

It sounds like she is battling something deep inside, and feels like no one understands her. Maybe reach out to the therapist suggested, or call Relief for a referral.

Good luck. I hope you get to form a deeper and closer loving relationship with her soon.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics