Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
New website for frum teens

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 2:56 pm
My single friend just asked me to post about this. She has started a website for frum teens to connect, express themselves, and ask questions. It's run under the guidance of Rabbi Zev Leff (he is an Israel rabbi, so if you never heard of him...that's why) and some other big rabanim.

She has a forum up for teens, and has frum, chareidi/yeshivish rabbi's, therapists, and rebetzins answering stuff (besides for the teens themselves that can help each other). They have a split forum for boys and girls, fully moderated, no pm's, no chat rooms, no identifying information.

If you have teens, let them know about it. She's working really hard. It's all volunteer, and it's her like dream to do it. The website is called frumhangout.com.

Last edited by amother on Sun, May 03 2020, 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total

kb

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 3:01 pm
The links I've tried all seem to be broken.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 3:14 pm
What links?

Last edited by amother on Sun, May 03 2020, 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total

cholenteater

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 4:01 pm
Looks great! Does she have a section similar to the imamother format or only articles?

kb

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 4:08 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
What links?

Any text links I tried.
I'm on an android, if that makes things different.

cholenteater

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 4:10 pm
kb wrote:
Any text links I tried.
I'm on an android, if that makes things different.

I did
Frumhangout.com
It worked

kb

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 4:18 pm
cholenteater wrote:
I did
Frumhangout.com
It worked

That works.
Text links on the site, like " click here" on the home page, don't work.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 4:23 pm
cholenteater wrote:
Looks great! Does she have a section similar to the imamother format or only articles?

She does have a forum as I mentioned before. There is a bug with links on pages on the website that should get fixed within the next week. (it's all volunteer so it takes some time) but you can Google the web urls yourself.

Go send some teens there! They have a lot of people waiting for teens to show up! You need to make an account to see the girls section.... It's blocked from public vewing.

Last edited by amother on Sun, May 03 2020, 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 4:25 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
My single friend just asked me to post about this. She has started a website for frum teens to connect, express themselves, and ask questions. It's run under the guidance of Rabbi Zev Leff (he is an Israel rabbi, so if you never heard of him...that's why) and some other big rabanim.

She has a forum up for teens, and has frum, chareidi/yeshivish rabbi's, therapists, and rebetzins answering stuff (besides for the teens themselves that can help each other). They have a split forum for boys and girls, fully moderated, no pm's, no chat rooms, no identifying information.

If you have teens, let them know about it. She's working really hard. It's all volunteer, and it's her like dream to do it. The website is called frumhangout.com.

oh, that's so interesting: a friend of mine who I got to know from a different group we both are members off, also emailed the group last week that she started a website for teens named frumhangout.com.
Rabbi Zev Leff shl'ita is a renowned Rav amongst the English speaking crowd in Israel. He is
English speaking and is the Rav of Modiin Elite.

The website should be with hatzlocha, be'H and help out many teens.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 4:29 pm
Are you the single friend? Its strange that your joined today and your firsts posts is about that site.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 4:37 pm
Nope, I'm married for a few months now Baruch Hashem!! I have been helping her with some technical stuff, and said id spread the word here.

I used to just look around a lot here.... Also a lot of the things I wrote here are anonymous. I'm more of the under the radar type. So I have been active. You just can't see. Anyways I had been meaning to open an account, my friend kept nudging me to do it for her own agenda. So I finally did.....

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 4:45 pm
I didn't know one can post here without being signed up.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 5:00 pm
amother wrote:
I didn't know one can post here without being signed up.

she signed up today. She posted 14 times and of those 14 some were anon (and assumingly before she posted about the new website for teens). A lot meant like 6/14 were annon.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 5:37 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Nope, I'm married for a few months now Baruch Hashem!! I have been helping her with some technical stuff, and said id spread the word here.

I used to just look around a lot here.... Also a lot of the things I wrote here are anonymous. I'm more of the under the radar type. So I have been active. You just can't see. Anyways I had been meaning to open an account, my friend kept nudging me to do it for her own agenda. So I finally did.....

Apparently the site isn't new, it's at least 2 years old.

I clicked on the Volunteer tab and saw that all they wanted was an email address and a telephone number and an area of interest. Are they doing any further screening of volunteers beyond that simple form?

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 1:36 am
I'm sure they are going to do more screening.....

watergirl

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 4:33 am
LovesHashem wrote:

Welcome to imamother. You cant post about a website for your friend. Thats called an unpaid ad, and its not allowed.
Also, out lf your 18 total posts, 11 of them have been under your user name, which means that youve only posted 7 times anonymously. And we also can see that you just joined yesterday.

I hope you enjoy this site! But its best not to try to cover up when its clear what your real intentions were. Members on here start to trust their imamother friends, and that starts right from the beginning.

DrMom

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 4:45 am
Okay, I looked.

The forum area seems to be populated almost exclusively by posts form a single user (Moishy).

The forum is called "Guys hangout." I assume there is a parallel "Girls' hangout," but who is the girls' forum private and the guys' forum public?

Anyhow, the site looks like it doesn't get much traffic.

studying_torah

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 6:47 am
It also has posts from 2015, so it wasn't started just now.
This whole thing seems fishy

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 7:21 am
Wasn't trying to advertise. It's a chesed project. I'm not going to defend myself, I already said who I am.

She tried starting it a few years ago but never got rabinical backing. She only got backing a few weeks ago and revamped the site a bit.

be good

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 9:28 am
wishing her much hatzlacha in helping from teens grow!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children