Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Looking for info on becoming bcba in NY

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jul 09 2017, 11:46 am
Is anyone in the process of studying to become a bcba/ lba in New York? Or anyone who has already completed the coursework? I have some questions, and would really appreciate if you could pm me. I know there have been a few threads on this, but there's still info that I need. Tia.

miami85

Post Sun, Jul 09 2017, 11:56 am
amother wrote:
Is anyone in the process of studying to become a bcba/ lba in New York? Or anyone who has already completed the coursework? I have some questions, and would really appreciate if you could pm me. I know there have been a few threads on this, but there's still info that I need. Tia.

I would caution that anyone posting make sure that their info is current, or know what the current licensure process is b/c all I know is that it changed in the past year or so.

runninglate

Post Sun, Jul 09 2017, 7:59 pm
Bump

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Jul 09 2017, 9:00 pm
I posted on the other thread that I'm going to be beginning coursework this week, although I am not in NY.
However, there is an amother on that thread from NY who is taking coursework and said she would be available for PM. Maybe try posting on that thread and she will reach out.

ETA: sorry, I see you already posted there

runninglate

Post Mon, Jul 10 2017, 11:29 am
Thanks! Tried my luck here because that amother didn't contact me. Anyone?

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Jul 10 2017, 11:41 am
Will you be starting the course this week? If you are, would love to be in touch.

runninglate

Post Mon, Jul 10 2017, 11:51 am
No, but considering starting soon. Feel free to pm me.

runninglate

Post Thu, Jul 13 2017, 9:51 pm
Bump

runninglate

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 9:47 pm
Bumping one more time!

Last edited by runninglate on Sun, Aug 20 2017, 7:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Aug 20 2017, 7:48 pm
I recently completed coursework for my bcba. What can I help you with?

runninglate

Post Sun, Aug 20 2017, 7:55 pm
Can you tell me the salaries for bcba in ny? Through agencies. Also, how difficult are the courses? Wondering if I will be able to handle it on top of everything I'm already doing...

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Oct 01 2017, 7:15 pm
I just finished my first course. It was challenging and time consuming, but I ended up with an A.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Oct 01 2017, 7:47 pm
Hi! I think I'm the amother from the other thread that you wanted to contact you. I'm sorru, I don't want to lose my anonymity. Feel free to post questions and I'll answer here! I finished my second semester through FIT, just started this semester. Course work is not super easy, but manegable. Once you get used to a routine. Organize it as part of your weekly schedule. You dont need and A, a B is enough to continue on to the next course. I pay Sarah Schenerir some money per semester to arrange the dates for Yamim tovim and it has been extremely helpful for me not to have to worry about figuring out the calendar and deadlines. What questions do you have? You can call agencies to find out salary rates there is no set rate that I am aware of. Private insurance agencies for direct billing will obviously be more, around the 250 plus range per hr. I am planning on working for an agency, and have a tentative contract with them on condition that I receive my LBA. My salary will exceed 70,000 including a nice package and benefits with option to pay into health insurance. For me it is my passion to be able to help more people, and I am constantly having to hold myself back from taking on more cases than I can handle. I would like to have a salaried position (as opposed to being paid per diem) as well as work from home most of the time and this is the best route I could figure out.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Oct 01 2017, 9:27 pm
I'm also interested in finding out information. Where did you do the course work? after the the courses, did you get licensed? what kind of certificate? Are there any good online programs where you can just do the whole course work online? how are the job hours? was it difficult to find your first job as a bcba?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics