Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Which cities have a large percentage of stay at home moms?

thegiver

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 2:52 am
Feel free to also fill in some details for me:
-What's the level of frumness/diversity
-How strong is the sense of community for women/families and how often are families into themselves and isolated?
-are ppl welcoming and warm?
-I want to be a stay at home mom in spite of tuition for a growing family...so cost of living is a factor--whats the cost of living in the city where you live?

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 4:48 am
Isn't it important to find out if there are jobs in your husband's field?

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 8:19 am
Scranton

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 8:54 am
I've lived in more then one community. I'm a SAHM. What I've noticed is that SAHM often fluctuates and many people will be quasi SAHM like they'll teach one period (or more) in the local school or they will do some at work home etc... or they'll work most years and then take a year or two off to be a SAHM.

In terms of cost of living- I live in a community that is considered to have a lower cost of living but jobs also often offer less money and I think that's probably true for many such communities. Even with the "lower cost of living" plenty of people really struggle financially. I don't think there is any magical place financially.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 9:41 am
Burly wood where do you live?

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 10:21 am
why do you ask Wink ?
Honestly I don't think my comment was place specific. Many times pple say don't move somewhere until you have a job. In part so that you can see what your salary will be in comparison with cost of living.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 10:37 am
Ok... Didn't mean to offend... Was just asking!

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 10:40 am
I'm not offended at all, that's why the wink Smile was just wondering why you asked?

shaimac1

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 12:42 pm
Hi! I live in a growing Torah community that has a lot of SAHM's because B"H we have a lower cost of living and we have State Tuition Vouchers, but not all are 100% SAHM. I agree with the comment it depends on what your husband can do for a living. In our city there is a huge need for "white collard" professionals from Accountants to Engineers to Therapists to anything in the medical field...

It just depends! Feel free to PM me to learn more Smile we are in the Midwest and a growing B"H this summer alone we have had 4 new families move in and 4 more are hoping to come before school starts...

www.cdisouthbend.com

-Michall
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating