Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Would you say something?

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 3:27 pm
Early today I passed a group of kids waiting to be picked up from camp. I noticed that a few of the kids were only wearing underwear. I would be really mad if my kid came home from camp with no clothes, but I wasn't sure if I should say something to the counselors. Am I overreacting? The kids were about 3-4 years old and waiting in a public area. Would you have said something?

Ruchel

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 3:37 pm
I would try to find out the camp's name and warn the parents. That's freaky.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 3:53 pm
Sounds strange. Did something happen to their clothes? But not sure what to say....surely their parents will notice when they pick up. Or do you mean, do you want to tell the camp that you found this inappropriate? That's your call. I do agree it's inappropriate.

I was driving passed a backyard daycamp today. The camp seemed to be having a water activity, and the counselors and most of the kids were at the side/back yard of the house. However two kids - I'd guess their ages no more than 3-4 years old - were on the sidewalk all the way near the street. It would take less than a minute for them to run into the street. The counselors were no where near them, and not watching them in the slightest.

Though I hate doing this kind of thing, I feel like I have some sort of Acharayus here....

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 4:25 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Sounds strange. Did something happen to their clothes? But not sure what to say....surely their parents will notice when they pick up. Or do you mean, do you want to tell the camp that you found this inappropriate? That's your call. I do agree it's inappropriate.

So that was my line of reasoning. I didn't say anything because I figured the parents could when they came, but then I started second guessing my decision because not everyone is so aware of body safety.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 6:08 pm
yes I would say something , I would look for the counselors and ask why these kids are standing with no clothes

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 7:31 pm
So funny. My daughter just told me that a few of her friends (3-5) went home in underwear today because they forgot to bring bathing suits and then went into the (kiddy) pool in their clothing. When they went back into the a.c. they were freezing so they stripped down to underwear. They were waiting in the lobby of the building. Is this the same camp?

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 7:39 pm
Call the camp before judging. In my place, the ac is turned off before entering the classroom.

Simple1

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 7:52 pm
Chayalle in your case, the kids were in danger.

For op, it's unusual, but not dangerous. The parents will see and complain if they don't like it.

It might also be a one time thing.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 4:37 pm
I would call the camp later, rather than confront the counselors.

naomi2

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 5:28 pm
non-issue and not your business

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 8:53 pm
amother wrote:
So funny. My daughter just told me that a few of her friends (3-5) went home in underwear today because they forgot to bring bathing suits and then went into the (kiddy) pool in their clothing. When they went back into the a.c. they were freezing so they stripped down to underwear. They were waiting in the lobby of the building. Is this the same camp?

Gosh. Why go swimming in clothes? Going swimming in underwear makes more sense. Let them go home in their dry clothes with their backup underwear from the classroom underneath (or none) for the ride home.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 9:11 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Gosh. Why go swimming in clothes? Going swimming in underwear makes more sense. Let them go home in their dry clothes with their backup underwear from the classroom underneath (or none) for the ride home.

They were all supposed to have a complete change of clothing at camp, so I'm not really sure. But I don't know if this was counselor sanctioned, or they just hopped it on their own.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers